Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: GramaKate

Post Thanks / Like

GramaKate

Hi, everyone. I have been reading the posts and wishing I knew how to answer some of them or comment on them, now, I 'might' know how!
    I'm looking forward to being an active member on this site to learn more about a hobby I've had for over 50 years. Hope to see you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    howdie ans welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, thank you Anaissa. I do hope to befriend many other enthusiasts of the yarn and thread arena! It said I signed on at 6:?? p.m., but it was closer to 9:?? p.m., so I'm ready to call it a night. I don't babysit tomorrow, so I'll be able to check this sooner in the day.

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what time the forum truly is...I just post when I get a chance...glad to meet you...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I am addicted to doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I have no idea bot the time thing it is12:41am here and i am goin to bed again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi GramaKate, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all the 'hellos'. I am addicted to yarn! I love to knit and crochet. I am busy making monkey, owl, penguin, panda, giraffe, and elephant hats for sale this Christmas bazaar season. It all started when my daughter had a baby and my retired husband and I were nominated to be the caretakers while she worked. We had her every day until she was almost 2 then, my daughter started giving us a break by having a relative watch her 3 days a week. Our niece has 6 granddaughters under the age of 4, so my baby hat 'business' was born. Hal and I don't do much going other than doctor's appointments, but I do needlework so much of the time, it's fine with me. I also have made chemo hats which I created into baby hats and they are adorable. I also make sports hats and keyhole scarves and am now making sashay scarves. I follow the same mantra as I did when I was 'into' quilting, 'She who dies with the most yarn wins!' I love to knit, crochet, and blog! I have just joined a group in our area that makes newborn sweater sets for the area hospitals. It's name is Sweater Angels. Oh what fun it is to be a needlecrafter!

10. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome! You will do just fine here! We are glad you decided to join us and please let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Gramakate, it sounds like your a very busy lady. we would love to see some of the hats you crocheted. I have crocheted hats this year for christmas presents for my 10 grandchildren and am now working on hats for my 3 children and a few others. Just hope I get them done befor christmas. I have a few more to go yet. lol.. We are so happy you have joined us. if you have any questions or are looking for a special pattern, just ask,, I'm sure someone can help you..
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy