Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Another January CAL?

I am wanting to learn another crochet stitch and have decided on the Tunisian stitch. I think I remember that someone else wanted to learn it. So perhaps those of us that have the want can learn it together and make it a Cal? hmmmm, wonder if I can use it on the ripple afghan? Kill two birds with one stone? (matter of speaking only!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea if you can use this stitch on the afghan. Maybe you can do a CAL for Feb. I would love to do it with you then. Maybe a scarf or afghan or whatever you want. You'll want to make it in advance so you can help us with it.

3. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, you can use this on an afghan. The alternate name for the tuniscan stitch is the afghan stitch. I have not used it on such a large project, only on smaller projects. You are more than welcome to create your own CAL for January, or February. Just let us know!

I know that I did not spell it right! LOL It may be easier to learn the stitch with a smaller project though. I learned it creating a cell phone holder. I have a thread in the pictures section.

5. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been wanting to try that stitch as well... hhhmmmm I am up for it...means I need to get moving on the other 4 blankets I have going lol...

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to town and got to thinking that I was CRAZY for that post! Something smaller than even trying it on the afghan, so something much smaller and simpler to learn on! Maybe Feb would be a better idea since a new needle will need to be purchased and the hectic holidays will be over. Will let you know later in Jan what it will be, unless someone has a good idea that they want to learn on?? It gave me a headache to figure out that I can do the chainless foundation on the ripple afghan and no way and no how am I going to give that up!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to continue studying the chainless foundation and get it going on most of the things I make if I can. It may be like the Russian join that I have to go back again and again before I get where I can do it without watching the video. I learned the magic circle this way.

9. Likes TGsDad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    took me a bit to get the hang of that also! I seen a video where she described how the first loop that you drew your yarn thru was actually your "building chain" I understood why it was explained that it need to be loose. So now when I pull out that loop I give an extra little tug on it and hang onto it for dear life while I am building the rest. And I could easily find where to put that hook back in! I remember when I kept building a big circle before I finally "got" it! Have fun you will really enjoy the chainless foundation!
    I never heard of the Russian join, will have to check that out!

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been wanting to learn crochet entrelac which I believe is a form of the tunisian stitch, I'll have to do a bit of fesearch and maybe we could use it for a cal in March/April? Would be willing to head it up if someone could give me info as to how to do it/what is involved.

12. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJsmama View Post
    I have been wanting to learn crochet entrelac which I believe is a form of the tunisian stitch, I'll have to do a bit of fesearch and maybe we could use it for a cal in March/April? Would be willing to head it up if someone could give me info as to how to do it/what is involved.
    If interested in leading a CAL, then you will post a thread when it gets closer of the materials needed as well as the instructions. Usually the person leading the CAL will already have one completed to show if it is a smaller project. Post a picture of the item you have done for others to see. Also, keep an eye on the thread to converse with members who are also doing the same CAL. Hope this helps - send me a message if you have other questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love that myself PJ! I see that there are several forms of the Tunisian stitch!