Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas Yarn Quandry

Making this for Chrismas
    Classic Vest for Little Kids - the purl bee

Pattern calls for
    2 (2,3) skeins of Anzula's Squishy, 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon.

I have only used Red Heart and similar worsted, cotton and rug yarn. I am the experienced beginner. Although I have been practicing all sorts of new stitches, not different yarns. Can I use a worsted in place of this or a sport weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you can...I seldom use what they call for and they always turn out great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many times, I do not pay attention to the yarn requirements...actually it is a bad habit for me. I find the yarn, then I find the pattern I want based on the amount of yarn I bought. I am backwards sometimes!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a lot of yarn that I got through Ebay and it doesn't have labels on it or info on the wieght on it. I use any yarn that is the right color and close to the right wieght. If it feels right I use it and adjust the hook size and tension all I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see why you would want to use a different yarn- the recommended yarn is a bit pricey!! I think I would try using a sports weight yarn. Make a small swatch and see if it's the same gauge! I checked the site that sells the yarn and they had no weight listed! Good luck with it! It is a very nice vest pattern!