Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a Men's Topics Group just starting - Everybody welcome.

Go to the Group "Focus on Men's Topics" and post your replies there. Everyone is welcome.

Do guys prefer working with thread, 4 oz weight, or big bulky yarns?

Do we like to follow patterns or go off on some creative tangent?

I am especially interested in creating a cross-stitch look on a crocheted item. For example a large G on the back of mittens that I crochet in Green Bay Packer green or gold colors. I like to pair them as one green and one gold mitten per pair. Or it could be something of a greater complexity.

Women are certainly welcome to join, too. But let's keep the focus on what projects or techniques do men find more interesting or satisfying.

What have you made? Who was it for? What is/are your current project(s)? When did you start crocheting and why?

These are just ideas. A group isn't effective unless we all contribute, so please jump in.
    TGsDad
    free downloads of my books are at http://tg-books.yolasite.com
    Updated Dec. 15

2. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for creating this group! I think this is a fabulous idea! We do have some men in our membership.

Anyone who has a blog and likes to let others know about Crochet Talk, please let them know that we have a men's group on site! As the saying goes - "The More the Merrier!"

4. Likes Landon, TGsDad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Super great idea! I love it that men crochet too. I wonder if our habits, needs, purposes and choices are different or not. It will be very interesting and informative to see crochet through your eyes.

6. Likes Barbara G., Landon, TGsDad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad that you decided to start your men's group! I joined, I get to see it develop, I'm with Barbara and Chef, it is a great idea!!

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll want to see what ya'll say but I'll keep my comments to myself. I think this is a great idea!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will add that we have a Men's group to my blog, Barbara.

Faye, why would you keep your comments to yourself?

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a man and I think they need to be the voice and I'll be a fly on the wall. Looking but not talking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do either of you REALLY believe that twinfaye can keep quiet on any subject? Just look at the number of posts she has made - over 1600! Just kidding. But if any of you see anything wrong that I'm doing, I truly hope you will not hesitate to jump right in. I'd be lost without you. And I mean that!
    TGsDad
    free downloads of my books are at http://tg-books.yolasite.com
    Updated Dec. 15

14. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww, that is really sweet of you to say! We've got your back, no problem!

16. Likes TGsDad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    WELL, I like that!!! Sitting here minding my own business and I get called out for such a little problem that I have. Others wouldn't point out that I have a problem much less tell everyone! I can too keep my mouth shut!! Well, someone might really, really need my help and then I have to jump in, you know, to save someone else. I am considerate that way just who I am jumping in to save someone else. OK, I have a big mouth and not afraid to use it! lol

18. Likes nothingnowhere, Landon, TGsDad liked this post