Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

ok, whose got a great secret to great finished knitted or crocheted products?

well not so much confused as curious, I'll bet there are lots of crochetty or knitty folks out there with tips and tricks we all need to know. so spill it sugah!!!, we are all ears, [eyes]!!!!!!
    Bailey
    In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Were you wondering about with the finished product? How to set it? Let us know!

3. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello,

Were you wondering about with the finished product? How to set it? Let us know!
    actually any tips would do, for instance, I have trouble with edges. I seem to have to have to run a DC row around the whole thing when I'm done to even it off.
    Bailey
    In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength

5. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay - many people do have problems with the edges. Sometimes, it will depend on the type of stitch you are doing with your project as well as how tightly your tension is. Some members say that washing your item can help, too.

Also when you block and finish your item, this will help your project as well. Blocking can be done with cold water or warm steam.

7. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    both of those are great tips, now, are there nicer looking stitches than the DC, nothing too hard to do like the Trinity, but something pretty for a small project like a hat? Maybe something you can alternate in crochet like the knit and purl rows in Knitting.
    Bailey

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not done a lot of hats. Actually, my first one was this year. I have always done afghans. Hats can be done in a variety of stitches. Have you seen the shell stitch for hats?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    I have not done a lot of hats. Actually, my first one was this year. I have always done afghans. Hats can be done in a variety of stitches. Have you seen the shell stitch for hats?
    oooh, shell stitch for a hat would be awesome, any suggestions for getting started?
    Bailey

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a tutorial on a half shell stitch hat you can look at:

http://crochettalk.com/links-resourc...-tutorial.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few more for you:

13. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

15. Likes amanda liked this post