Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Where's our Sharing & Caring Compassionate Hearts place???

Whew! I just got in. It's been a looong last week and weekend. Had to take my Mom to ER Mon. all aft. and evening. Then they sent her home by car, and we use transport cause it's too hard to get her in the car. She has very limited mobility.

Sat. aft. took her again. I insisted they keep her. They "observed" her til Sun. and wanted to send her home still needed tests. I told them if they did I was exercising her right to dispute an early discharge (even though they never did admit her).

So they kept her, adjusted her heart RX to lower the rate (finally), and kept pumping her with fluid pills to get rid of excise fluid. She felt so much better on Mon. (shortness of breath was much better).

So they still sent her home Mon. without 2 tests that I will have to take her back to get But at least she was much better, we got home care nurses for now.

So I spent yesterday down there, and all day today trying to get her organized and situated.

Still have Dr. calls, appts., and tests to schedule for her. It's exhausting taking care of her! I do have a sister and 1 brother that lives close and we all do certain aspects of her care, and my future DIL helps too.

My Dad died Feb. 26, 2012. And when she was so bad I thought, uh oh, here we go again. I'm so glad she's back to her (80 yr). old self She had a transfusion about 4 weeks ago that must have given her the fluid overload (and she eats whatever she wants which doesn't help, and I've given up fighting with her about it).

It's not easy raising your parents! So all I had is 1 piece of toast and cup of coffee all day, so I'm starving. So I have to go eat.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what's going on., (I haven't gotten to do much (except crochet in ER). Missed Christmas sales, no decorating done yet. But whatever. Now I need to get in high gear, and pray she's feeling better still.

Of course I watch my Granddaughter 3 x week, besides her living here so I have her a lot more really.

Couldn't find our new spot. So let me know (Bartender) Barbara G. (Tee-hee) where it is. And could you tell me what Time zone this site is in?? or is the post time not set? Just wondering. I'm 5:10 PM Eastern Stand. time.

Hugs to all,
    Joy

2. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy, look up where t says Community, click on that and a little menu will drop down. You'll see Groups. Click on that and Sharing and Caring with Compassionate Hearts should be on the first page. If it isn't, there is a SEARCH window on the right side of the page.

On the Time Zone, see up top where it says Settings. Click on that and it will take you to your settings page and if you look on the left side of your page you'll see where it says My Settings. Look down to where you'll see General Settings. Click on General Settings and you'll go to that page. Scroll down until you see Date and Time Options and you'll see where to set your time zone.

I am sorry to hear about your mom and my condolences on losing your Dad. I hope your mom continues to improve. I am glad to hear that you and your family all pitch in to help her out.

Bless your heart, you and your mom have really through a lot, haven't you? I am glad to see your post.............

4. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joyannerose,
    Sweetie you sound like you've been thru it, Honey! My moms arthritic with artificial joints and high blood pressure but nothing like what you've been experiencing. Thank goodness you have some help now. Don't sweat the decorating and shopping so much. Recruit yourself some help with some of it. I bet your future DIL would be happy to decorate for you. Then you get her an extra nice gift. If possible, use the internet to do some shopping. Don't wait too long, though, or they will charge you extra for express shipping. Maybe you can take the future DIL shopping with you to do your shopping. Make a list , give her part of it with names and gifts, along with price. Can't hurt to try and she could really be a big help.
    Best of luck and hugs, Jane

6. Likes Joyannerose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, Thanks for pointing those things out for me. If they don't bite me on the hand, I tend to overlook things on computer pages. And thanks for listening.
    Joy

8. Likes janie mae, Landon, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jane, GOOD IDEAS! My future DIL is a sweetheart, just a worse procrastinator than me, and always super late! But she lives with me, so i could kick her out of bed! I did ask her to help decorate this week. Thanks.
    Joy

10. Likes janie mae, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    so sorry for your hard times...hugs

12. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joy:
    God bless you. take care of your mother when she need most....I am sure Mom keep your love with her for ever.......Please don't forget to take good care of yourself as well. Your Mom would not want to know if you un feeling well due to take care of her I am sure because mother's love is a give of all life.

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

14. Likes janie mae, Landon, Amber&TuckersMom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my aunt at my house on Hospice earlier this year and it was HARD caring for her. I feel for you. Try to take care of yourself or you won't be any good to anyone.

16. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope all gets better for you and your family. Thank you ladies for posting before I saw this...I am a few days behind on reading as many posts on site as possible.

Let us know if you need anything! We are thinking about you and your mom/family!

18. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking of you and your family, this is the worst time of year to have problems, health or otherwise. I echo everything that has been said. Thinking of you, hugs...

20. Likes janie mae liked this post