Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweater in progress - need opinions

Hi, I am almost done this sweater. I've got the sleeves left to do. The white part of the sweater was done wth Red Heart Shimmer in Snow - the back is completely made up of this yarn and the front has rows of ribbon.

Now the front and back used one skein of the Snow yarn and I have almost a full skein left. Snow is sold out on Herschnerr's and Joanne's - I'm wondering if I should use some of the ribbon for stripes, to extend my supply of Snow, or if that will just be too much.

I only plan on doing 3/4 sleeves in stockinette and ribbing at the bottom...Thanks for looking and for any suggestions you might have.
    Attached Images Attached Images Sweater in progress - need opinions-100_0154-jpg Sweater in progress - need opinions-100_0155-jpg 

2. Likes Val, N/A, libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would do the sleeves in the varigated color of yarn and do the all white shimmer yarn for the end of the sleeves. you are doing a great job of knitting this. i have always admired people who could knit with the needles, i could not, i just have those knitting looms. keep us posted on your progress!

4. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is beautiful! Where is it that you have ribbon? Real ribbon or it that the name of a stitch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    It is beautiful! Where is it that you have ribbon? Real ribbon or it that the name of a stitch?
    It is Taormina Bollicine by Cascade - ribbon yarn I guess you'd call it? 2 skeins came with a Craftsy Mystery box. I Never would have bought it and was suprised I liked it when knitted up. The stitch is one of those dropped stitch types - sl1 k1 and then purl on the way back. I alternated the rows like 5 rows of the Snow and 4 rows of the ribbon yarn. Thank you for your kind words!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by libertylady64 View Post
    i would do the sleeves in the varigated color of yarn and do the all white shimmer yarn for the end of the sleeves. you are doing a great job of knitting this. i have always admired people who could knit with the needles, i could not, i just have those knitting looms. keep us posted on your progress!
    And I envy you folks that can get the hang of those looms!!! I don't think I have enough of the variegated ribbon to do an entire sleeve - and as usual I just love those sale/discontinued yarns :-) Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Post Thanks / Like
    have you tried michael's? they have alot of the shimmer yarn. or the michael's that i shop at does.

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter just got home and swore she saw some at Wal-Mart! So she's off to see if they have any!!!
    If not I'll try Michael's tomorrow - thanks!!!

10. Likes N/A, Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    that is pretty! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweater looks lovely. My late sister was a knitter-always loved her garments. Have you tried the Red Heart site for the yarn? Make sure to post pic when it is finished.imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it but I need a XL or a L and that looks too small!! lol I'm going to try knitting again maybe not before Christmas but soon and the knook also.