Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What to do with all those ends when crochet motifs?

I just made a baby blanket out of motifs that is very lacy, so the ends were not easy to weave in as I went. I also have made afghans for my grandkids that consist of granny squares and it seems I need to every so often have to reweave back in the ends. Does anyone have any good tricks on how to weave these pesky ends in that will stay over time?

2. Likes blcoats liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to this, how do I find the answers to grandmajenny's question? I am a grandma and great grandma. I taught myself how to crochet many years ago and have made lots of blankets. Never found out how to keep those pesky ends in.
    Thank you
    blcoats

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi blcoats,

Welcome, I am new to this group also, and am glad to hear that someone with your experience also has trouble with those pesky ends too. I hope someone in this group will have a trick or two up their sleeve to help us with those granny or motif ends. Some day I won't be around to weave them back in for my grandkids and I would like to figure out a way to make them stay put.

Basically what we will do now is wait for someone to post ideas here in this thread about how they work with pesky ends. I hope the answers we get will help you too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always weaved them in and then sew them in place with matching thread. That is the way my grandma taught me. Hope this helps.....

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a good idea!!. Just so I have it right, you weave in the yarn then take thread of the same color and then thread the thread through the yarn then weave that in and maybe tie a knot with the thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes just like that. I haven't had any ends coming out doing it this way,

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I had thought to do that..lol thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done the sewing with matching thread, but sometimes just not satisfied with the look, but that is the best I have used. I will keep looking for more ideas. I am going to like this!

Post Thanks / Like
    thats the way I do it also..

Post Thanks / Like
    First tip: don't make grannies! lol This may be fairly shocking to some but I hate weaving in tails so I use the double knot technique and the tiny little knot that it makes can be hidden in the stitch. I've tried the Russian join but I can't get it right. I learned this technique on Youtube. I crochet to the end of the row and then I pull it out and mark where the end should be and then I tie them together at that point and then I make sure the knot is hidden and that's it. I know that is probably against the code of crocheters but that is what I do.