Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

crochet ear warmers

I have been looking for this lady that made these ear muffs to see if she has another website. her old one went down. she is on Ravelry but all her links go to the same website which is no longer working. I wonder where she has went and hopefully she is still crocheting somewhere

These Flower Ear Muffs can be made with any type of flower as long as you make the flower big enough to fit about 1/2 inch to an inch larger than your ears for warmth. The pattern below is for the pink flower on the left.

This pattern is copyright protected. If you wish to use this pattern for personal use, please feel free to do so. If you wish to publish it to a web site or sell it, do not without permission of diamond@the-beach.net aka Cheryl Oxsalida.

FLOWER EAR MUFFS

These ear muffs are so comfortable to wear you'll forget you have them on until your ears get too warm. They will stay on even in high winds.

Materials:
    Yarn of your choice. For the pink flower I used Caron Simply Soft Brites in Watermelon (hot pink)

Size G hook

NOTE:
    • These muffs can be made smaller or larger by deleting or adding a row or by using a smaller or larger hook.
    • On the back side of the flower is a chain going across, this chain slips behind your ear to hold the flower muff in place. It won't fall off and although the flower doesn't look like it will keep your ears warm, believe me, they will keep your ears toasty warm!
    • To make the hole smaller in center of flower, when making your 14 dc in ring, make sure the tail is laid over the ring so that you are crocheting over it, when completely done, pull tail tight, weave in end and clip off excess tail.

Make 2 (one for each ear)

Row 1: Chain 5, join with slip stitch to form ring, chain 3 (counts as first dc), 14 dc in ring, join with slip stitch in beginning ch 3. (15dc)

Row 2: Chain 1, [sc in next dc, {hdc, dc, tr} in next dc, {tr, dc, hdc} in next dc] rep around, join in beginning sc with slip stitch (5 petals made)

Row 3: Chain 1, [sc in next 2 stitches, 2 sc in next 2 stitches, sc in next 2 stitches, slip stitch in next stitch] around, join with slip stitch to beginning ch 1.

Flower Holder for back:

With yarn still attached, chain 10, attach chain with slip stitch around treble stitch directly across from beginning chain 10, fasten off, weave in ends.

This pattern has been tested only by myself as I've made many of them. If you do find any problems or have any questions, please feel free to email me at diamond@the-beach.net.

2. Likes SweetARoma, angie22, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have emailed her and will see if it comes back this pattern is from 2005

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing pattern! do you have picture of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes I have a picture of it in my patterns folder and have been trying to upload it since last night. it won't let me save it in my pics either so I can do that. I will try again.

Post Thanks / Like
    great! I'll check back..

Post Thanks / Like
    no matter what I do I can't get the picture here as it won't let me copy it successfully to post here and it won't let me save it in my pictures or upload it to photobucket to get it on here. I know pictures of things to me tell the whole story maybe somebody here knows how I can do it

Post Thanks / Like
    ask Barbara, she probably can help you..

Post Thanks / Like
    Flickr: koalachele's stuff tagged with oxsalida

Is this it? They are adorable - thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    cute...thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they just sit on the ears?
    http://stitch11.com/