Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Work in progress - crochet thread bedspread in hex pattern

I am working on this spread and have purchased the 300 balls of thread to complete the project and "thought" that I was going to have to abandon the project because my dogs getting on it and their nails might just snag the spread. Silly me, I just cut teir nails ever so close and no problem and I can continue with the spread. Here is a close up of the pattern:Work in progress - crochet thread bedspread in hex pattern-closeup-hex-pattern-jpg

The spread is for a queen size bed and I am planning making it approximately 100" x 118" give or take a little. I believe that the project is about 40% completed and am in high hopes of having the spread completed by next Christmas Season.

Here is a picture of what I have completed to date from about 4 feet away: [ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images Work in progress - crochet thread bedspread in hex pattern-currently-completed-jpg 
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good, keep going and happy crocheting....

Post Thanks / Like
    It is beautiful...wish I had time for something that big...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am retired and have just a "little" more time on my hands then when I was working <G> I have wanted to make a spread like this for years and never had the time. I retired in Feb. ordered the 300 balls of thread in March and started the project in June after we moved from Indiana to Arizona. The weather is so nice that I do most of my work (crochet work) on the patio. Life is good!
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice work, looking forward to seeing the finished project. how much money in yarn have you spent so far on the blanket?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is simply gorgeous - that is going to look incredible on a bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think its awesome you are going to complete it ....it's beautiful.....I plan on starting one next year..

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to know how you are coming on your spread and recommend that if you are serious about makkng a spread of this type that you contact the sellers at amazon.com directly and ask for a discount for a large order.
    Last edited by jdgmar; 12-03-2012 at 01:35 AM.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't tell you how much $ I have spent on this project for fear that my better half will read the post and chase me out of the house <G>.
    Honestly, by purchasing the 300 balls of thread at once I asked and was given a very nice discount over the retail price and am satisfied with what I have paid for the materials. Let's just say the spread will cost slightly less then $850.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!!! Are you ever talented and patient!! All I can say is WOW!!! and pray that someday I have that much patience.