Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Help!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Help!!!!

What does "Inc 6 evenly on next and every following alt rnd to 60 sc" mean? I'm working on a hat, the name of the pattern is "Hat and Scarf Set for Men" it is a favecraft pattern by Bernat. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by GJWalker919; 12-01-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Attachment

Post Thanks / Like
    I would interpret the pattern to mean that with every additional round you do you need to add six addtional stitches or increase by one stitch six times on every round and continue doing so until the round has 60 single crochts stitches.

As an example you started the round with 12 stitches, the next round you evenly add six more stitches and end up with 18 stitches, on the following round you evenly add six more stitches and end up with 24 stitches until you finally reach one round with a total of 60 stitches.

I hope this answers your question and if it doesn't please ask again If you need help increasing rounds in single crochet you can google for such information and it is readily available.

Best of Luck with your Hat!
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

3. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    whatever your row is before you need to increase 6 evenly every other round until you reach 60 sc....hope that makes sense.

5. Likes rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    you know how the pattern says
    7th rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 5 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc. 42 sc.

8th rnd you sc in each sc round and join at the end 42 sc..Then my understanding would be for the

9th rnd you would *1 sc in each 6 sc. 2 sc in next sc rep from * around join with sl st to first sc 48 sc

10th Rnd you sc in each sc round and join at the end 48 sc

11th rnd *1 sc in each 7 sc. 2 sc in next sc rep from * around with sl st to first sc 54 sc

12th rnd sc in each sc round and join at the end 54 sc

13th rnd *1 sc in each 8 sc, 2 sc in next sc rep from * around with sl st to first sc 60 sc

14th rnd sc in each sc round join at the end..60 sc
    then you would move on to the "next rnd" on the pattern

So you are increasing every other round by 6 stitches..
    I really hope this helps
    Last edited by jcrsga; 12-01-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Ladies 4 your help.

8. Likes Barbara G., Val liked this post