Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Increasing crochet in corners

Hi Everyone, I'm hoping someone out there will be able to help me. Making a sweater, the border is has three rows all around of front post double chrochet (fpdc) and back post double crochet ( bpdc) and in the corners add a half double crochet.
    From instructions sheet " if the next stitch should be a fpdc work : fpdc, hdc, fpdc all in same stitch" I have no problem with making the fpdc and hdc, I have no idea how to make the the last fpdc, all three stitches in same stitch at corner. This is the last part of sweater, if I can make the corners the sweater will be finished. Thanking you all ahead of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Can you use the front loop for the first stich then the whole stich for the hdc then the back loop? This is were it would be nice to talk to you. Maybe someday I'll be able to skype. LOL I hope I didn't make you more confussed. I'll be right here if you want to ask me anything else. (Not that I would know. LOL)
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Billiebob, I certainly will try it, I use to live in So. Fl, Fort Myers area, now live in Cincinnati, Oh.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wished I could help on this one - I have not made clothing items before. Thanks for helping billiebob!

Also, thanks for asking shanook!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you do the 2nd front post a bit lower down on the 1st front post or does it leave a bump? Guess I'll have to try it!

Post Thanks / Like

increasing corners

thanks for all your suggestions, I tried them, I finally ended up by making them the closest I could to the pattern, they came out looking pretty good. I figured if all 4 corners looked alike who would know that I had not followed the pattern but me. A long time ago one of my sons told me it was ok to have mistakes in your work when it was not too noticeable, that's what made your work it unique.

7. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you figured it out! Will we be seeing a picture soon??

Post Thanks / Like
    A looooong time ago I lived in Punta Gorda. But moved back to Ft. Laud. I love the crazys so its home now. Well outside Ftl Laud. My dad was born in Ohio.