Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody use Skype?

Hey, yawl, one of my online friends wants to Skype with me. I play some online games with her, she is in Germany but really does a great job at speaking in English.

So, does anybody here have it and did you like it, hate it?

Give me the lowdown, babies!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Skype is the best thing that has ever happened to me. When I first saw my best girlfriend who lives in Ontario while I am in Northern California, we both burst into tears of joy and excitement. It was the funnest thing ever and now we talk virtually several times a week. FOR FREE and it's as if we are right there with each other. You will LOVE IT, i promise you. Don't wait; download and get going. You will never look back and wish you had not waited so long to get started. I missed the chance to Skype with my sister in Russia and now she has died. Don't waste this opportunity--you may not get another one.

Little laugh for you: The first time Phyllis in Ontario and I were skyping, her husband started to the kitchen for a drink and asked if anyone else wanted anything, I said, "Grab me a glass of juice, please." And he began to pour it. He had not internalized that I was NOT right there with them.

My advice--go for it and if you are unhappy it is very easy Not to use it at all or even Uninstall it. But do try it and you may find, as I did, another whole fun way to communicate. I can show her stuff that I have made and drag her around my house to see where I live and what I hang in my windows or on my walls. We get to see each other and are much closer in our relationship because of Skype.
    Learning new skills every day. Please teach me. I promise to pass it on and pay it forward.

3. Likes Maryjane, Erika, rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am sold!! Awesome, thank you very much. You have painted me a delightful picture!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't personally have it, yet....no web cam on my computer....but our friends who are deaf use it and it's a great way to communicate w/ them. We had another hearing friend who has a lot of deaf friends and we watched as they used it.....we are looking to getting one soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Skype for business. The only problem that I have ran into is that if you have too many applications running, you can have problems with the quality of the phone to phone conversation. I had this happen during a Skype interview and I have a brand new laptop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa, webcam/microphone combinations are available for $15 from your local Target and online most places. Drop the parameters into Google and let them tell you where to buy one very reasonably priced.
    Learning new skills every day. Please teach me. I promise to pass it on and pay it forward.

8. Likes Anaisa, Erika liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff and i use it to talk to his family in Oregon all the time. that's how i keep in touch with my nieces up there. I can yell at them for school stuff. lol And its like i'm there yelling at them. I love it. You can use your fb account to video call each other. in your messaging bar thing on fb. to im friends they give you choices. I will have to im u video style soon. It's fan tab ulous. then you can see how really crazy my home life is. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    On where on FB? Where is the messaging bar thingey? I am trying to find it............

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't do Skype-I don't have the computer skills to do much other than search for stuff, answer email, and of course post on here! It would be so much nice to talk face-to-face though! Don't get too excited though-I'm asking Santa for an ipad this year!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love skyping with my son & fam. In Texas, and Hubby us away for work. And if that doesn't work for u, there r a lot of similar programs out there.

Actually, my computer guy recommended we get a separate camera instead of a built in one. Says u get better quality, but do turn off ur other stuff first.

Good luck, u will love it.