Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  99
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Help with afghan

Help with afghan-img_0093-jpg I hope you can see this. It is supposed to be heart shaped. Not close, this is a bad start to Taylor's afghan. HELP. I'll post the pattern in another post. Lovie is demanding to go out. Dog runs this house! lol

2. Likes Maryjane, janie mae, Landon, Erika liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't feel bad. I took a square pattern one time when I was first learning to read patterns and made the cutest round dish cloth you have ever seen. My friends still make fun of me.

4. Likes janie mae, Erika liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    HEART APPLIQUÉ (make 4)

With B, ch 2.

Round 1: (6 sc, 2 hdc) in 2nd ch from hook; do not join, work in continuous rounds—8 sts.

Round 2: 2 hdc in next 6 sts, (hdc, dc) in next st, 2 dc in last st—16 sts.

Round 3: 2 dc in next 13 sts, dc in next st, 2 dc in next 2 sts—31 sts.

Note: Work now proceeds back and forth in rows across one side of the center spiral. Take care to only work the number of stitches indicated in each row. Leave any remaining stitches unworked.

Row 4: 2 dc in next st, (dc, hdc) in next st, hdc in next st, 2 sc in next st, sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, TURN—14 sts.

Row 5: Ch 1, [2 sc in next st, sc in next 3 sts] 3 times, sl st in next st, turn—15 sc.

Row 6: Ch 1, [sc in next 4 sts, 2 sc in next st] twice, sc in next 5 sts, turn—17 sc.

Row 7: Ch 1, sk first sc, [sc in next 5 sts, 2 sc in next st] twice, sc in next 3 sts, turn.

Row 8: Ch 1, sk first sc, [sc in next 6 sts, 2 sc in next st] twice, sc2tog, turn.

Row 9: Ch 1, sk first sc, [sc in next 7 sts, 2 sc in next st] twice, turn—18 sc.

Row 10: Ch 1, sc in next 8 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 4 sts, sl st in next 3 sts, DO NOT TURN—14 sc.

Edging Round (RS): Rev sc evenly around heart, working (rev sc, ch 1, rev sc) at point and (sl st, ch 1) at dip; join with sl st in first st. Fasten off. I hope someone can help with this.

6. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, not a lot of help so maybe if I narrow the problem done someone will see what I am doing wrong. Ok, I think I am doing the sphere right but then the next row is my problem. Row 4, do I turn and do the stitchs or do I just continue on and do the stitchs and make the rows. I've done it both ways and it still comes out like a circle with a rounded top. It is supposed to look like a heart. Any takers????

8. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a link to a picture of this finished?

Row 4 says to turn in caps so be sure to turn. I tried to count your stitches and I think you have a lot more than 31 after row 3. But its hard to count in a picture. Did you count to be sure the count was right before row 4?

10. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Help with afghan-teen-throw-jpgYes, I counted 31. I did turn it one way and then I tried it the other way. I don't see how it can be heart shaped. The picture of the afghan doesn't have a close up. The count was correct each way I did it and it looks the same mostly both ways. This is so frustrating. I can't believe that I can't figure this out and it is the first step in the process. I thought I was a fairly good crocheter but I'm having a hard time believing that after this start. I'll post the picture again but I don't think it will help. Thanks for trying.

12. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The heart shape is in the center of the green squares to the lower right and left.

14. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye,
    For it to be heart shaped, wouldn't there need to be a decrease about half way thru to make the two mounds of the top of the heart? Maybe it's not you. Maybe you have a bad pattern. Any way you can improvise a little to make it turn out? Got another heart pattern you can use to help you shape it? It's too late for me to try tonight, but tomorrow I'm gonna try to make this heart from what you posted. I still believe you have a bad pattern. There must be a typo in it or something.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Never considered that! Yes, I am thinking the same thing you are saying. I don't see how it could ever make a heart shape either. I'm going to the pattern and see if there are any corrections on it.

17. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy, I got a better look by going to Caron International Yarns and Latch Hook Kits and looking under "party" I found a more up close look and I am doing it right! It is a very abstract heart. I almost fell over when I saw it closer. You have to go there and look at it. Thanks so much for your help. If you hadn't suggested that the pattern is wrong I would never have gone back to caron. I have racked my brain and wasted all this time and it was right!! UGH!!!!

19. Likes janie mae liked this post