Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Thread: January CAL

Post Thanks / Like

January CAL

Attachment 1959Attachment 1960I finished this tonight and this the pattern I am going to post for January cal. This is for the oldest granddaughter. I don't know if the colors come through correctly. It is purple, aqua and a variegated with both colors and some green. I'll post the pattern in January. It is very easy but you do have to stay on top by counting your stitchs.
    Attached Images Attached Images January CAL-img_0090-jpg January CAL-img_0088-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like

January CAL

Difficulty: Easy

Materials:

Worsted Weight Yarn in two colors,

US Hook size I

Pattern Instructions:

With 1st color, Chain 168 plus 3 to turn. (171 total). Turn.

1 DC in fourth chain from hook and in next 8 chains. 3 DC in next chain. 1 DC in next 9 chains. Skip next 2 chains. (One ripple is complete.) *1 DC in next nine chains, 3 DC in next chain, 1 DC in next nine chains, skip next 2 chains. Repeat from * across, ending with the 9th DC in the very last chain.

Chain 3 and turn.
    Skip the first DC, repeat from * across to end of row, but DO NOT DC IN THE LAST STITCH. (Leave the last stitch of previous row empty.)

Chain 3 and turn.

Note: Each ripple should be 6” wide.

This is the pattern for our crochet along for January. There is no number of skeins needed. I suggest that you use 9 for 3 colors and 8-10 for 2 colors. That is a guess but if you have more than you need you can always return it or add to your stash. Good luck and ask any questions and remember**** count every stitch or it will get away from you.

3. Likes amanda, pennyi, favesis37 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh is this that ripple afghan you talked about before? (I think it was you) Anyway, good idea to start it now being a large project. Will do it, will give me LOTS of practice on the foundationless chain... my longest chain with it so far has be 30 stitches, so If I don't have it down pat and faster than slow moe with 178 stitches, I'll never get it!
    Oh my I just reread the instructions, this may be a challenge if I am going to use the foundationless chain, will have to do some practicing first

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the zig zag. You can do it. If you haven't done a chain this long it is the same as a short one just mark your chains every 10 or twenty chains. If you don't have markers you can use other things like safety pins or paper clips. I am with you all the way! Top thing to remember, count your chains and stitchs!

Post Thanks / Like
    You always use a foundation chain? Did you learn to chain this way? I've never done a foundation chain! You should be able to do a regular chain with no problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just learned the foundation chain and enjoy using it, I'm making my first row and chaining at the same time, this way I am sure of not missing any chains when I put my first row in, and I feel it is soooo much easier to work with less, if that makes sense. Anyway, I'm not having the problems with the chain curling or finding my loops that I need because I am building my chain as I go along

Post Thanks / Like
    Well then, you are ahead of a lot of us. I haven't done a foundation chain in a project. I have watched the videoes and done it in practicing but not really used it. I wonder if you could do the foundation chain with this pattern and just start the pattern in the second row? Anybody know if this would work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Faye for posting this. I will be sticking the thread to the top of the topic list so it is easy to find.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe we should close the other one and just use this one? I can repost the picture on here. Do you think that would be better? I'm thinking that some might miss something when there are 2 threads.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see the pic on this thread! thanks