Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Are You Decorating for Christmas?

What does/will your Christmas decor look like? Theme, color and style of decorating will help set the tone for a very merry Christmas. LOVE is the topper!

Update: Winter Wonderland Theme--------Family Room( varying shades of blues, silver, white)

Dec. 1-put handmade wreath on front door(greenery w/blue glitter balls, silver sprigs, huge silver bow)
    Dec. 2-put out blue and white pillows, blue/white snowflake throw and winter white throw with pearls on furniture
    Dec. 4-put up white tree, decorating with blue ornaments/snowflake design, blue glitter lightbulb ornaments, blue balls, silver metal cut-out balls, white birds, small silver potted poinsettias, silver boxes. The tree topper is blue wooden curlie cues and picks of wooden blue and silver glitter balls.
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 12-04-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: update thread as I decorate for Christmas

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have a cookie jar on my kitchen table. That is about as far as I have gotten for now. :0)

3. Likes Butterflyrose, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello,

I have a cookie jar on my kitchen table. That is about as far as I have gotten for now. :0)
    Barbara, that's a lot further than I've gotten!lol My home is still decorated for fall. Once I" de-fall" (my coined word), then I'll begin decorating for Christmas. Tentative goal date to begin decorating is Dec.1, then I become the Christmas Lady(name given to me by my family)!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 11-29-2012 at 05:46 PM.

5. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Our nativity is up along with our tree.

7. Likes Butterflyrose, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing yet. Have the craft show on Sat. Still doing basement reno since first of Sept - roof, eves, out side foundation walls dug and and fixed, basement re framed, insallated, Walls painted. Today the rug people said it won't be installed til 19th ...can't wait 2 1/2 weeks longer for furniture to go back downstairs and my Adult son's bed. YUCK! My House and life is not happy.

9. Likes Butterflyrose, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber&TuckersMom View Post
    Our nativity is up along with our tree.
    Wow, you've been working! What does your tree look like?
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 12-04-2012 at 08:26 AM.

11. Likes Landon, Amber&TuckersMom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GrammaJoe View Post
    Nothing yet. Have the craft show on Sat. Still doing basement reno since first of Sept - roof, eves, out side foundation walls dug and and fixed, basement re framed, insallated, Walls painted. Today the rug people said it won't be installed til 19th ...can't wait 2 1/2 weeks longer for furniture to go back downstairs and my Adult son's bed. YUCK! My House and life is not happy.
    I hope that your craft show went well. Sounds like a lot of your renovation has been completed. I know you'll really enjoy it once the rugs have been installed. I pray that your time will be filled with all things good.

13. Likes GrammaJoe, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I put up lights in my front window! When I did the Craft Fair in Elmira, there was a lady there that was selling Christmas lights! She took a string of lights and tied strips of material in between the lights! They were beautiful! So may daughter made one for me! And I made one for my Craft Booth! Cut the strips of material about 2 1/2" X 1/2" with pinking shears. Tie as many as you want between the lights! Use Christmas colors or any colors you want!! I'll post a picture of mine!!

15. Likes Butterflyrose, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought 2 DVDs of Mannheim Steamroller and have been listening to those guys. It was almost 80 degrees here today. It was kinda hard to get into the Christmas Spirit. I am baking cookies tomorrow, that has to count, LOL AND I will be making myself some Christmas jewellery to wear this month. I will be decorating my body, LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not putting up a tree, nobody but me and the kids are going to be in Fla with their dad. Yes, it hurts my feelings that they don't ask me to come down. Marny and family own a home in Panama City Beach and their dad bought one in the same area just down the street. So I have never been invited down with them. My daughter takes her friends and her daughter but not me. I used to sleep really late and she used that as the excuse but now I get up as early as she does. Then she used the knee and I couldn't keep up with them and when that gets well I have no idea what it will be. Her daughter has taken a friend down almost every time but not me. I have no idea what I did wrong as I have NEVER gone on a trip with them. I have gone to nashville and taken care of them during operations and illnesses but I am not invited on any trip. Oh I forgot, she thinks I would expect her to pay for me. I have NEVER asked her to pay for me and I pay my way and usually hers when we go out to eat. Sometimes being a Mom is not as good as others. She loves me and she calls me ever day but I think she just doesn't want me around. So it stinks but what can you do? I've told her that it hurts my feelings and she says I can't make her feel guilty. Why, if you are hurting someone and you know it and you still do the thing shouldn't you feel guilty???? My Mama used guilt to hit us over the head my whole life and my kids were very aware of it so they say I can't do it to them. Never tried but they don't believe that. Sorry, got the poor me thing going tonight. Ok, done with that!!