Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

My Version of an Easy Magic Circle for Making Beanies

Okay so the purpose of a magic circle is to avoid having a hole at the top of your beanie. I have been crocheting for many many years before there was a "magic circle" So I read many different versions of how to do a magic circle and I thought "how confusing is that!"

My version that I have always done is when you are making those first stitches into the circle (usually row 1), crochet over the tail. This does two things. Number one you don't have to weave it in later (I hate weaving in ends!)

Number two when you are done with that first row and you have crocheted over the tail; pull the end of the tail tight and you have no hole. And you don't have to remember how to make a magic circle lol.

Kay

2. Likes Val, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to Crochet Talk. I have crochet for several years and always closed the holes this way. I am curious about the "magic" ring though. So will try to find it LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Blcoats. So nice to meet you! This is the way I have always known it to be done. But I guess the magic circle is the new thing. But to me it is very confusing when all you have to really do is crochet over the tail and then pull it tight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to try this. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi blcoats
    Just go on YouTube and write "magic Ring" in the search engine and it will come up for you
    Diane T

Post Thanks / Like
    Kay, I've always do it that way too..seems easier..