Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Request: Boot Covers

Does anyone have a pattern for pretty boot covers? I've found a couple on the net but they are soooooooo plain. I may have to modify them, but thought it would be easier to ask first.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are boot covers? Somebody will probably be able to help you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean boot covers or boot toppers? I am working on a shell stitch pattern now. They are lots of fun to make but I am not sure which you are referencing. The books socks/toppers are hugely popular right now

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, boot covers or boot toppers, I would think are the same depending where you live. My granddaughter calls them boot covers and I have found them, but as I said they are so plain, not pretty at all. Do they take long to make? I have 4 pair to make and Christmas is really close.

Post Thanks / Like
    No they are really quick and easy. Mine are worked in rounds so no seaming when you are done. Since they just peak out of the boots they are not very long. If the person you are making them for is really small or large you need their calf measurement. I will say that many people make them in rows and then seam it up the side. I just prefer to be done when I finish and not have to seam something together. Let me see if I can find my picture of one

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! thank you so very much.