Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I called Red Heart

Here I am talking about Red Heart Super Saver again. I called the company and spoke to a very nice lady about the scratchiness of certain colors of the yarn. She requested I send her a sample of the yarn, which I will gladly do. I feel there has to be a reason why some colors are soft and others are not. She told me that they have to use different suppliers for the acrylic and this maybe making the difference. They will look at my sample yarn under the microscope and study it to see what can be done about it. I told her about putting the skeins into a pillow case with softener sheets to help, and now I am wearing a band aid on my finger still working with this yarn, as it feels like sand paper running across the top of my finger.

I have worked up 4 skeins of the 8 I bought in Hunter Green in an afghan that is going to the hurricane victims, so sending it all back was not a solution for me. She took my address and is replacing the 8 skeins I purchased. I told he that really wasn't the reason for my call, it was more important for me to see if there was a solution to this problem, but she insisted. So I am looking forward to see what color I will receive, from them as I told her any color is fine.

So ladies go online and find the phone number of the yarn companies when you have a problem. I found the Red Heart company to be very nice to deal with, and who knows maybe the problem can get resolved soon.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    That was very nice of them! I hope they can come up with something to help. I have done the bandaid thing many times lol never thought to call them about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for calling them. And next time I have a problem I'm going to do the same thing. Unless we say something they will never know we have a problem. Squeaking wheel...
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

4. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you Judi G. I'm glad that they are willing to find a solution. I'm glad that they are willing to replace the yarn also. That makes for a good company. A company that cares for their consumers and their quality of product. Let us know what happens. Just wanted to give you a high five.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Judi! And hopefully the problem will be identified and solved!! I have some Red Heart yarn that is at least 20 years old and it was harsh back then too, although a light pink colored skein was a bit softer! I will definately follow up with Red Heart!!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for making the phone call and sharing w/ us the information...greatly appreciated....

Post Thanks / Like
    It is so nice to hear that a company takes customer satisfaction so seriously. I'm glad you got that type of treatment, Judi. And how wonderful that they sent you more yarn.

9. Likes Val, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy mine on the redheart site..for some reason I don't have that problem..

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great report on Red Heart! It makes me like them more than ever!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    Here I am talking about Red Heart Super Saver again. I called the company and spoke to a very nice lady about the scratchiness of certain colors of the yarn. She requested I send her a sample of the yarn, which I will gladly do. I feel there has to be a reason why some colors are soft and others are not. She told me that they have to use different suppliers for the acrylic and this maybe making the difference. They will look at my sample yarn under the microscope and study it to see what can be done about it. I told her about putting the skeins into a pillow case with softener sheets to help, and now I am wearing a band aid on my finger still working with this yarn, as it feels like sand paper running across the top of my finger.

I have worked up 4 skeins of the 8 I bought in Hunter Green in an afghan that is going to the hurricane victims, so sending it all back was not a solution for me. She took my address and is replacing the 8 skeins I purchased. I told he that really wasn't the reason for my call, it was more important for me to see if there was a solution to this problem, but she insisted. So I am looking forward to see what color I will receive, from them as I told her any color is fine.

So ladies go online and find the phone number of the yarn companies when you have a problem. I found the Red Heart company to be very nice to deal with, and who knows maybe the problem can get resolved soon.

Judi G
    some yarns actually feel like there are tiny wood slivers woven in, especially redheart.