Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Yarn hazard

Post Thanks / Like

Question Yarn hazard

Ok ladies, I am having problems with my yarn tangling. What is the easiest way to keep my yarn from tangling when I am trying to roll it in a ball? I have a huge mess with my yarn that I want to use right now and I have literally been working on trying to get it untangled all day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    You missed out on the discussions that we have had on here. You might want to go back and look at the posts. We all have problems with this.

3. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Red Heart yarn "Super Saver" is hard to work with but it is inexpensive and easy to find. You really will learn a lot if you go back and read all the posts about this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where will I find these discussions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I found it! Landon posted a thread call "What yarns do you love?" I found it in the Main group on the 8th page now. It is a good discussion on yarns. There is a thread about Red Heart yarns also that may be informative. I hope this helps. There will be others that will help with their answers to your post. Good luck!!

7. Likes chefmomster2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jokersjuggalette View Post
    Ok ladies, I am having problems with my yarn tangling. What is the easiest way to keep my yarn from tangling when I am trying to roll it in a ball? I have a huge mess with my yarn that I want to use right now and I have literally been working on trying to get it untangled all day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    well if you find out let me know. I get yarn vomit from the pulled out end and it's always a mess. I do find if I locate the other end [wrapped around the outside I don't get that helix look at the end, I wrap the outside end around to where it logically goes and put it under the nearest section of woven-look on the outside and Bob's s yer uncle. after that I rarely get that end of skein mess with the last end all mixed up in the remainder of the skein shell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try putting an elastic band around the skein before starting. As the skein gets smaller double the elastic or use a smaller one. It seems to hold the yarn in skein shape until you are done. No elastics?-tear the label and tape it. Retape tighter as needed. Works for me. When trying to untangle try shaking not pulling. We've all been there-Hang in!

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, shaking really does work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the tips. I am definitely not going to give up. A lot of my problem is some of my yarn was given to me and it was tangled when I got it so now I am just trying to get it untangled so I can use it now. But I usually get to the point where I can work so far with it then need to start untangle a little more and go from there with it. I don't seem to get so stressed that way. Again thanks for all the help and all the great tips ladies.

Post Thanks / Like
    the most important thing is don't panic, you can always cut the knot out and reattach it when you finally do get the knot out. [sometimes a cut will enable you to pull the loops and ends out more easily.