Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Dec. crochet Along - My Christmas Stocking

I have been crocheting these since my first child was born (for 38 years). Its something I made up myself...easy pattern..

You will need - G hook, yarn needle (opt), any color yarn

Stitches are, Double crochet, -Single crochet (if not sewing it together with needle)

Do not count ch. 2 as first dc.
    Row 1. chain 21, dc in 2nd chain from hook. dc across (20) chain 2, turn
    Row 2. dc in each stitch across (20) chain 2, turn
    Row 3. & 4. repeat roll 2 (20 ea. roll) chain 2, turn
    Row 5. dc in next 14 stitches (14) chain 2, turn
    Row-6,7,8,9,10,and 11 repeat roll 5, tie off after row 11.

Make 2--sew together or starting in front of stocking, single crochet together. when you reach the top back of the stocking do not tie off.

Chain 12 then join at beginning of chain. then tie off. Be sure to knot it good to hold all the goodies that santa will leave. This will be your loop for hanging the stocking.

If you want to fancy it up some, crochet in back loops only to give it a ripple effect. I have made hundres of these.

I also made them for the children in my grandchildrens preschool and kindergarden classes. thats alot, I have 10 grandchildren, lol -- I hope you can understand my directions. Have fun!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Dec. crochet Along - My Christmas Stocking-1123122058-jpg Dec. crochet Along - My Christmas Stocking-1123122057-jpg 
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 11-25-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: removed formatting for easier reading
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

2. Likes amanda, Carynjoyb, mamamiaow, rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barbra, I tried to type it so each of my rolls started at the left of the page, but I am not that good with a computer. I could't figure it out.. sorry everyone that its all jumbled together. I hope its not to difficult to read that way

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Kathy!!

These are so CUTE!!! They look super easy, even I can read it and I STINK at reading patterns!!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

XOXOXOX
    Landon

5. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for posting...I did a little editing...let me know if anything else needs changed. I will also stick this thread to the first page of this section of the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    A Big Thank You Barbra for seperating the rows. Hugs

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    These are definitely cute. Looks like I could probably pop quite a few of these out in one night. I have a family get together coming up in December and I may make all of my Aunts and cousins one of these.

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the clear and easy to understand instructions which are so timely at this time of the year when Santa comes down our chimneys. I will be making several of these for our own hearth and for gifts -- what a lovely pattern.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I thought these would be perfect for the beginner and for quick easy gift ideals for the more advanced crocheter. There are so many ways you can do them. On the top 2 rows you could finish it off in white. Or when its done, you could crochet a gingerman or a star to sew on the front of the stocking befor you crochet the stockings together. Have fun..

Post Thanks / Like
    I like your idea of white on the top two or three rows. My dogs will be thanking you come Christmas when they get their own stocking stuffed with goodies for my fur babies <G>
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

14. Likes Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried to make stockings for a long time! I kinda did one using a toe up pattern it's ok. I will try the stitching 2 together pattern you left. the pictures are great! Wish me luck! Thanks

16. Likes Kathy B. liked this post