Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: I need a hug!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I need a hug!!!

Some of you remember that my daughter's cat, Zeke has been missing for about a month now! In today's local paper there was an article about our local animal shelter-it has taken in a lot of cats in the last few weeks1 Sooo.. I went there with a picture of Zeke, hoping for a miracle!! But you have probably figured out that it didn't happen!! I went out to my car and sat and cried!! I know he wasn't my cat but I loved him anyway! The lady at the shelter kept asking me questions about him-she incinuated that it was our fault he's gone!! Almost like we are quilty of animal abuse because he got out!! I will NEVER go into that place again!! But I fell in love with the cutest fluffy gray cat that needed a good hame-his fur was all matted!! NO I didn't bring him home, but I keep seeing his pleading eyes.......

2. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, honey!!!! I am sending you a big warn hug right now!!! She sounds judgemental to me, boo hiss on her!!! That was really brave of you to even go in there in the first place!! You're braver than I am, I would have emailed them and followed up with a phone call. I can't handle all the pets who are in there. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I so hope Zeke comes home.

XOXOXOXOX
    Landon

4. Likes Maryjane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    {HUGS} I am sorry that you were treated w/ insensitivity, and at of all places, an animal shelter....cats are curious and it wasn't anyone's fault that Zeke got out...{HUGS}

6. Likes Maryjane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Maryjane, consider yourself hugged. I won't go into a shelter. I know better- I'd come out with another dog. Both of ours are rescues but that is getting off of the subject. Hug hug hug...
    Last edited by Amber&TuckersMom; 11-20-2012 at 05:26 PM.

8. Likes Maryjane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need a hug!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Honey, you are such a sweetheart and some unhappy woman has to take out her bad day on you. Shame on her!! Did she even stop to consider that you were there looking for your pet? How many people don't care if their pet is gone and do nothing to get them back? You went to the place to look and she should have been praising you for your love for a cat that wasn't even yours. Please sit back and open those arms for I am sending you a BIG hug!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all of you! I really needed that! This shelter is a no kill shelter, but it's almost impossible to adopt an animal from there! There is a lengthy interview and then a home inspection!!! I don't know anybody that has been able to adopt an animal from there! And this woman is always begging for food for the animals and complaining that there are too many animals . I should have known better and not gone in there!! Thanks again to all of you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and Landon will come and give her a hug if you want us to!!

13. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know, I have heard of some places that do home inspections. That sounds extreme to me. How long does it take you to size somebody up? Minutes, right? Outside of the obvious clues....

15. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Before I got Sissy I looked into rescue dogs and several of them had the requirement of a home visit and the cost was more than twice what she cost. I know the rescue is important but to me they should be happy to find a home. And of course I am so far out in the boonies that there wasn't anyone close enough to me for a home visit.