Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Just thinking?? Who would like to lead a simple crochet along for December?

Just wondering?? Who would like to lead a simple crochet along in December? I will be adding a Crochet Talk Contest for the month of December. People are usually really busy during the month of December - so I though something REALLY SIMPLE would be nice for those who have a little time!

I am asking now so that someone can think about it and preplan/premake the item to be crocheted for others to see.

Any takers??

2. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh boy love this idea and someday I might feel more confident to do this. It isn't the crocheting part it is the teaching explaining part that I would have trouble with. I have been wanting to make this for Christmas just to have hanging around as it is so festive http://www.redheart.com/files/patter...14_ex_10_3.pdf I would like to make my Sisters one also some year. this would be considered a bigger project for sure I wil be watching this thread to see what our project will be and who will be leading us. what fun even if I didn't join it as I love reading about everyones projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tall Girl!!! If you want to do it, we will all support you! I'm too busy just now, but after the holidays I will have more time! After Christmas, the Craft Fairs don't start again until April!!! I can't get onto the Red Heart website to see what it is you want to make, but I'll keep trying!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is another link to see it http://www.redheart.com/free-pattern...-hostess-apron I don't think that I will be able to as I have a full-time and a part-time job and the part-time job is going to be more demanding on my time till the holidays are over. grrrrr hmmm how many snowflakes would my waistline be? lol maybe we need like Barbara is saying a simpler quicker cal?
    Last edited by TallGirl; 11-19-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What all does the CAL consist of? I might be willing to try it. Just need a little more info so that I can figure out something to do.

7. Likes TallGirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tall Girl... I made that last christmas!! The snowflakes were the hardest part and that was not hard. Beleive me Im not good with instrctions. I drove my room mate crazy with reading the directions out loud.But really it did not take that long and the yarn was so nice. My niece loved it. GO FOR IT!!! You have enough time if its the only thing you try at the time.

9. Likes TallGirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    Tall Girl... I made that last christmas!! The snowflakes were the hardest part and that was not hard. Beleive me Im not good with instrctions. I drove my room mate crazy with reading the directions out loud.But really it did not take that long and the yarn was so nice. My niece loved it. GO FOR IT!!! You have enough time if its the only thing you try at the time.
    thanks for the encouragement. we have great taste!

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone decides on a crochet project to invite others here in the group to do along with that person. The person usually has a picture of one and has already done one so they know for sure it is a pattern that is easy to follow. Usually the person will also have done it to show their pictures.

The one doing the crochet along will help to also keep an eye on the posted thread to see if anyone has any questions and to encourage others along the way. I will check the thread as I can, but may or may not be able to participate in the actual crochet along since I am working on multiple projects.

Did you take a look at the last two crochet along theads? Here is a link to them:

http://crochettalk.com/main/4193-my-...chet-long.html

http://crochettalk.com/main/3942-cro...beginners.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Just wondering?? Who would like to lead a simple crochet along in December? I will be adding a Crochet Talk Contest for the month of December. People are usually really busy during the month of December - so I though something REALLY SIMPLE would be nice for those who have a little time!

I am asking now so that someone can think about it and preplan/premake the item to be crocheted for others to see.

Any takers??
    Being new, I wanted to ask what this involves; sorry if I sound stupid, just ignorant (have no clue, LOL)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking the apron may be a bit of a stretch to do now-although it is so cute! How about a simple ornament? If I had the time I would do it!!