Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas ..... Bah humbug

I have always been a huge Christms fan, my favorite holiday. Not this year, the cancer has taken so much from us, i lost alot of income since i couldn't work, we have 12 grandkids and things are so tough right now. I just went thru the gift box and there is not much there, seems like the boys got short changed. It's so much easier to buy for girls then the boys. Oh well, i can't even think of any thing i can make them, they have quilts, and fleece blankets, hats, scarves, mittens, i could use some ideas, the boys are: 13,11,10,6,5,4 the girls are 10,9,7,5,4,1 gosh i think thats all of them.lol thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spending time with and having your family (life itself) is more important that material possessions. When you are going through something like cancer, it can totally change your outlook on life. I have not had cancer, but I have lost an 11 month old baby which totally changed my view on life. Hang in there and you will make it through the holidays...life is of much more value!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your kind words, i am sure the kids will do better then i will. I am used to doing alot, this year is going to be so different just makes me sad. I am so sorry for your loss, i can't imagine loosing a child. God Bless you

Post Thanks / Like
    We are here for you as your crochet family! Take one day at a time and find something that is a positive force in your life to focus on! If it is a grandchild's smile - think about how much it warms the heart! Again, we are here for you! Glad you are part of the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    i found an easy slipper pattern to do for them, that will add something more to the gift bags, will keep on looking

Post Thanks / Like
    As Barb said, we are always here for you! I make little crocheted drawstring bags and fill them with little things! Homemade cookies or candy! I go to the Dollar store and get little things for the bags to sell them! Marbles, small games, etc are a good choice! Sometimes you can get a party favor bag of things that you can use too! Your older grandchildren probably understand what is going on!! They would probably understand why things aren't going to be the same this year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, ladies, Bless your hearts.

This is just a thought off the top of my head but what about something that has written on it something special you can teach them or do with them? Your special time together, sorry, I don't feel like I am helping much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon! that is an awesome idea, i can make coupons for them to trade in, a day of cooking, a day of hanging out, thanks so much!!!!

9. Likes Landon, Amber&TuckersMom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is my pleasure and I am tickled pink that you can use the idea!!! Christmas Blessings for all of you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have patterns for a turtle and a frog (almost sure it is a frog) out of cotton and they hold a bar of soap. The younger ones would probably like them and they are supposed to be easy. Haven't tried them yet but if you are interested I'll post a link. The other idea I had is to make them stuffed animals or if you can find car patterns that would be of interest to some boys. I have a new great grandson that is 4 months old so I am not the best person to give advice. Oh another thing (lol) how about a game board. Someone on here made a checkerboard for her grandson and there are patterns for other games I bet. I really am going to quit now. Good luck!!!