Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: magic circle?

Post Thanks / Like

magic circle?

How many fo you use it? I jsut got back into crocheting so i still do it the "old" way.lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to crocheting, what is a magic circle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning, If you make round things its really easy to get started. I like it. But... Im so silly I will just follow a patteren and later think about the magic circle. LOL
    Good stiching
    Billie

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Making the snowmen ornaments forced me to really learn the magic circle and I'll always use it from now on. Like most things this is on Youtube in a video. It is really easy when you get the idea down. Take the yarn in your left hand and start the circle with the yarn end in front of your palm and then wrap it wround your palm once and cross it over the end line, now you have an x pattern, take the hook and go over the top yarn and then under the 2nd string pull up the yarn and you will have a circle with the tail hanging on the side. I used sc so I took the hook and put it through the middle of the loop and yarned over and made a sc, make the number required and then take the tail and make sure it is not in the circle and then you pull the tail tight and it will close the circle tight and remove the hole that is usually in a circle. I may not have said this well but if all else fails go to Youtube.

6. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing this would be good for hats? I'm having a heck of a time with the opening for the center of hats on this pattern I'm making for chemo hats. Would this help the hole from being too big?
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

8. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    There wouldn't be a hole with the magic circle. It works!!!

10. Likes Maryjane, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just may have to check this out!!

Post Thanks / Like
    cool beans...You Tube here I come. I'm sick of fighting with this stupid pattern! Thanks gobs and gobs!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Sue you do not have to go to utube its right here on our site. I went over it this am to refresh my self sence Im making my silly daughter a turkey hat to wear on Thanksgiving at work. There is soooo much if we just look back at what Barb and all the wonderful ladys have done for us. Wow! Now thats some thing else to be thankfull for!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the magic ring when I think about it! But I'm from the old school too! And this old dog has a hard time with new things!!

15. Likes favesis37 liked this post