Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Elusive shell baby ghan

I have been looking for this pattern for years so thought that I would share with those that haven't seen it http://cats-rockin-crochet.blogspot....%20st%20afghan

2. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing!

4. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I know im old and not so good w/computer but how do you print a patteren like this. Ive asked so many times. I do not get how to w/out a "print" sign. Please help.

6. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    Ok I know im old and not so good w/computer but how do you print a patteren like this. Ive asked so many times. I do not get how to w/out a "print" sign. Please help.
    You put your mouse at the first word of what you are going to copy and when it is highlighted you drag it to higlight everything you want to copy than right clip and copy than save it to a document which you have to open first.............heck, I can email you the pattern and the pics if you like. lol I found out that the pattern that I am really looking for is a vintage one on some site that I don't know and have to find it. This particular stitch used is like a 3-D stitch. It does not lay flat
    the original pattern. It's called "Shell Stitch Baby Set" which includes ablanket, sweater, hat, booties and mittens, but, is on a vintage pattern website
    A variation of this particular pattern is also on a blog somebody told me but I like the pattern to the link that I posted anyways and glad that you do too.l

8. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a gorgeous baby blanket. As for carrying the other color, I am doing that now with a full sized Houndstooth afghan I'm making for a Christmas gift. It was a little aggrivating at 1st, but I got it figured out. You have to flip flop your skeins everytime you change colors, making sure your colors are in their proper places. This prevents tangles in your yarn & helps keep your tension correct with the row you are crocheting & the color ypu are carrying.

10. Likes TallGirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your houndstook afghan sounds gorgeous and I can't wait to see it. It will be on my to do list. thanks for the tips on carrying yarn

12. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, it is a vintage pattern I had to purchase. If I can figure out how to post a picture here, I will when it is finished.
    I don't know how good it will look. The afghan is black & white, like Bear Bryant's hat.
    My son in law is a big BAMA fan & this also looks manly compared to most afghans I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    here is a link to another shell pattern Carriage Cover Pattern | Free Crochet Patterns there is a link to the right of the page when you get there to print the pattern.

15. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is very pretty!! Thanks for sharing!

17. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link to the carriage blanket. To tell truth, the Houndstooth pattern was the qst pattern I've ever bought like that. Usually, if I've spent that much, I own a booklet with about 6 patterns printed & photographed inside. I had to print this out, it's on a blue background, the paper was soaked & it is hard to read. Again, thanks for the carriage blanketas my oldest daughter recently found out she's expecting her 1st child. Iam so tickled.