Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

How do yawl receive your daily mail?

Hey, yawl,

I just wanted to post this as another getting to know each other better. Some of us live in big cities, some of us in little towns, rural areas.....
    How do yawl get your daily mail?

A few steps from my front door is a community type mail box receptacle dealie, lol several of the apartments have our mailboxes there. Each of us has a key to our own private mailbox. I see my mailman turn the corner and speed(not really SPEED) down the street, deliver there then he swings around and gets to us on his way back up my street. If I am waiting for a package I go out and yak with him a bit. He's a really nice man, but the subs are not as good as he is, I think.

So, how do yawl get your mail? Do you have a PO box in town that you go to every day or how?

I feel for those guys delivering mail in horrid weather, it really can be so dangerous for them. I can remember a time where we had no paper delivery cos the roads were either so rural and they were under too many inches of snow or ice, but I can not remember a single time where I have not gotten my daily mail delivery. Mon through Sat, that is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our comes right to the house. It's kinda nice bit I hate waiting for the mail lol. Some parts of the city have the big community boxes. I feel for our mailman not a lot of people seem to know the meaning of clearing their sidewalks( the city is just as bad for not clearing snow).

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we have a slot in the front door. And our Emma the four legged child feels personally violated everytime the mailman puts mail in the slot. She barks up a storm. She can be at the other end of the house and she will bark like he put the mail in... well you know what I'm getting at. We are spoiled, the only time we don't get mail is lets see...nope...always get the mail even on hurricane days. Poor guys. Mail is wet but we still get it.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Our mail comes to our mail box at the end of our driveway. We live in a development, but we also live in "the county" rather than
    in a town or city. I hope that I didn't confused anyone.

In the next room, Amber & Tucker can look out the window- if anyone walks past they bark & bark & bark. I say that this is "their" world. They love to watch the day go by at the window... That is if they are not sleeping!
    Last edited by Amber&TuckersMom; 11-17-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: more information

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a mail box on the other side of the road! I hate when I go out there and there is NO mail!!!

6. Likes BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in an apartment complex. The management recently put in mail boxes in our community laundry mat. We used to have it delivered right here to our building, but not now....

Post Thanks / Like
    We live in the sticks so have a mail box at the end of our lane. Our mail lady isn't very good at coming at a regular time and I really don't like walking a quarter mile in the winter to find she either hasn't been yet or we didn't get any mail.....then a quarter mile back home. If it rains or snows, our mail is wet....we only have delivery Mon.-Fri. We used to have a mail lady who delivered so regularly that we could set our watches by her....always was at our box at noon.
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    My mail comes to the mailbox across the street from my house at around 1:30 or so. I think maybe the mail person was the one that hit Sissy as she loved to go to the mailbox and she was found about 10 feet from the box. No real evidence just thinking.