Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What's for Thanksgiving?

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I'm wondering what your menu looks like? At the moment, I know there will be many of the traditional foods prepared, yet I'm looking for some foods to add/spice it up a bit. Now, that I think about it; we do have a few non-traditional foods served at Thanksgiving!

What "out of the ordinary" foods do you prepare for Thanksgiving?

2. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure what my menu will look like yet for this year. I may have to have some medical tests done next week, so my Thanksgiving may be delayed. My best friend brought home a turkey from work last night, which I will eventually cook. I have not decided on the other things and when, yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good question, LOL I am thinking that I will spend Thanksgiving at my new church this year. I haven't thought about what food I'll fix for that. I am assuming it will be a potluck type of meal. They have a group page on Facebook, I'll find out so I can bring something.

Post Thanks / Like
    My bourbon sweet potatoes are different from the usual ones with marshmellows. The rest of the meal will be traditional. My hubby is from PA and he makes something called bread filling. I'm a southerner and I make the traditional cornbread dressing. Two "bready" things - no wonder we are both overweight!
    pam

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah for your husband!! Im surounded by southeners. I love them all but corn bread is for chili. LOL I do not do any thing different. My sweet potatoes are a hit have to make three batches for different houses. I LOVE to bake so there is stuff for breakfast and after dinner. But nothing different. I save the cheesecakes for christmas when I have more time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think we'll have anything unusual! There will only be 3 of us-me. my husband and my mother-in-law, so I'm just doing a turkey breast and the usual go-withs! This will be the first year in forever that we will be home for Thanksgiving!!

Post Thanks / Like
    For me Thanksgiving is all traditional thats what it is all about, but i have an itallian friend that always has lasagne wuth her turkey.My family is from New England so its bread stuffing with sausage and whatever,(sometimes chestnuts ,or walnuts ,mushrooms the more the merrier) I could do without turkey but not stuffing, cranberry relish,and pumpkin pie!
    Last edited by Kitty; 11-16-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Thanksgiving was last month and my hubby was sick with a very bad flu so we didn't even have a Thanksgiving dinner.
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    I eat whatever Kaye fixes. She loves to cook and she tries new recipes all the time. I don't. We will have all the usual a ham and a turkey and all the southern dishes. I'm making the dressing and roasting brussel sprouts. Hated brussel sprouts until I ate them rolled in olive oil and salted with coarse salt and then roasted. YUM! I plan to fry bacon and crunch it up and add to the sprouts and I'm wondering what hazelnuts would be with the bacon and sprouts. I do try a few things.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a recipie in the newspaper for brussel sprouts like you mentioned with the addition of slivered sun dried tomatoes (NOT the ones in oil). Thought that sounded good too. But bacon - hmmm how could you go wrong with that?