Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Yarn Pilling on Afghan

A couple of years ago, I had made an afghan using Caron Simply Soft for my nephew and his wife. Well, the dog feels that it is now hers! Anyway, after many washing and dryings, it is now pilling.

What kind of yarn do you know of that will not pill after many years of use and washings?

He would like me to make another one, but want to make sure it will be okay after time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea but I bet there are some people that know. I have several old ones that haven't pilled but I don't know what the yarn is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know! I've used Caron Simple soft for a long time and have never had that problem! Maybe you could try Red Heart super Saver? It is stiff to work with but gets nice and soft the more you wash it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have yet to find a yarn that doesn't do that after years of washing. If you do find one it would be great to know!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to know too. I have been using the Caron Simply Soft as well for afghans and as far as I know they have not had the pilling problem. Please let me know if this is happening as I will quit using this brand. I would hate for my gifts to end up pilling! I absolutely hate the feel of the Red Heart Super Saver, yes I used the word hate. I can't stand the feel of it when I crochet with it. It is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Talk about the willies! I am anxious to hear what other have to say...
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree BarbySue but I already bought a lot and I'll use it up and then no more. I do like the Red Heart -with love and I use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, does the Red Heart with love feel differently than the super saver?

Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Totally agree BarbySue but I already bought a lot and I'll use it up and then no more. I do like the Red Heart -with love and I use it.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, daylight to dark. I just love it. There are more expensive yarns but in my budget it is my fav!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Red Heart with love yarn! My daughter's MIL bought that kind for the afghan I'm making for her-the MIL noy my daughter!! The afghan is supposed to be done by Christmas! Don't think it will be!!!