Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Question Do I have to block/set finished crochet pieces

I was looking are this forum and several other crochet sites about a month ago looking for left handed instruction. I came across an unrelated article about blocking or setting the finished crochet piece/project. I was very surprised. I only block my needlepoint projects. I did not have time enough to read the whole article. I forgot to bookmark the page.

I just finished a crochet evening wrap that is about 74" long not including fringe. It is made with two rows of SC for any one row of TC. It is made with Redheart acrylic worsted weight yarn.

Do I have to set this project with light water or steam and let dry first to set it?

I am giving this project as a present otherwise it would not concern me too much.

Signed

Lazybones

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Here are a few useful articles on blocking your crochet projects:

Blocking a Crocheted Piece

How to Block Crocheted Items | eHow.com

3. Likes rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I never knew you should block a crochet piece. This piece is so long I may have to block it on the floor. I am glad I asked, but gee this adds more time and complications. I will just have to factor in the time in all my project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome thebiggirl_1; I'm left handed btw...I would try it first w/ something small before doing you large project....just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great question thebiggirl!! This is something that I never realized my self and thanks for the links Barbara, I will be sure to check out the site myself!

thebiggirl, hope you found what you needed for lefties on crocheting. I just learned how to crochet myself within the last couple of months. I will follow this with a link where I learned, the reason is that she does video everything, but also has a video for left handers. You probably have seen it, but if not
    Crochet School - Table of Contents - Craftyminx

7. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never thought to do that.. Thanks for the info!!!