Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Project to Project

Does anyone suffer from this syndrome? I start one crochet project, get bored with it and find another nice pattern and start that one. Then I get bored again or find another nice pattern and start a third project. That's how many I have in various baskets and stages of completion around my home. I tell everyone I suffer from ADD and can't finish one. My New Year's Resolution... I intend on trying to finish at least one then I can post some pictures.

2. Likes Maryjane, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a sneaking suspicion that there are some folks with the same scenario. For me sometimes, I am slow to get going, then once start it, I don't want to stop til I am done. Or I won't start anything else til I have that finished.

Different strokes for different folks, I think.

4. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to know I'm not alone. I wish I could finish one project, but I'm not that fast at crocheting or knitting. I haven't done either for some time and have just picked it up again. I hope to get better at it. I love this board. There is so much information from all the wonderful women who are willing to share their experience. I send my "THANKS" to you all. You are angels to us newer and new people starting out in this craft. Without this information, we would be lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Aunt calls those "UFO's" or Un-Finished Operations. I have that problem too. I eventually finish them but... It sometimes takes years to get back to something. I threw 'literally' a Filet Crochet Tablecloth in a bag and buried it for six years. When I got it out again I knew I had to rip a few rows out but now I have it almost done. Just make sure you either leaver the pattern with the project or know where the pattern is. I have also had to throw or rip out a few projects because I didn't remember where the pattern was or really didn't care for it anymore. Good Luck!!!

7. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I confess! I have 5 scarves, 4 shawls, two afghans, 3 swiffer pads and 2 doll dresses in the works. I do have, 3 shawls, 1 soldier's hat and 2 scarves and one finished. I got some winter scarves sent to my female relatives, so they can use them now. I have a ton of new yarn I put in a tub to get it out of my sight. I still see yarn I want to buy. I have enough yarn to stock a small store! Hey, I got my new refrigerator yesterday. It's a Samsung One door on top and freezer on the bottom. OOOOOH, I love it. Built in ice-maker. I love having the refrigerator up top so I can see what's in it. Never thought I'd spend as much as I did. Last fridge I bought was 12 years ago and I thought IT was expensive. I came up with a new chicken recipe, I'm going to tweak and then I'll post it on the general stuff websight. Caro

9. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I do, is have two projects going at the same time....and maybe a thought project as well. The larger project, I set goals, x amount of rows daily....if more great if not still progress....Then I have a smaller project(s), that way I have the satifaction of finishing a project but still work on my larger one...plus the thought project, I get to look things crochet up online etc...hope this helps...

11. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh you wonderful knitters and crocheters, I thank you for your confessions. Now I know I'm quite alright and can cancel my appointment with the local "shrink." I am totally normal with all my UFO's and still the ever wandering eye for more thread or yarn or another pattern. I am totally sane! Thank you all.
    Incidentally, I get these wonderful paper bags with a heavy duty handle that are given to me from a local restaurant to take my take-outs home in. They are the perfect size for putting a project and pattern in. I just label the outside of the bag and line 'em up. I really don't want to tell you how many of these projects (unfinished) I have lined up right now. But it's OK because that is perfectly normal. (Oh well, 3 sweater patterns and 4 doilies in the works.)

13. Likes janie mae, Katia57 liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grandma, you are not alone! I have 2 projects started, one of them is so close to finished, the other not so close. Have stopped both because of a large Christmas project but keep slipping in small things, some not even crochet along the way. My husband complains I have too much "junk" all over. It's not junk to me. It's hard not to get side tracked when you know you can slip in this small project or that one in an hour or two. With me, sometimes when I've been working on a bigger project for a week or better, I just need a little break from it so I don't get bored. That's my story & I'm sticking to it! LOL. Enjoy yourself!
    Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    I try not to have more then three projects going at a time..I have a afghan on the shelf that will be there for a while till I figure out how I want to do it..

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't even want to think about how many UFOs I have! I like to think it's because I'm crochetng for my business, making things that people have ordered , and crocheting for me! And now I have Christmas presents to make, plus 3 of the grandchildren have January birthdays!! Sounds good to me! Anyway, your're not alone!!