Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Smile ladies crocheted 1970's crocheted blouse

Found in good housekeeping or better home and gardens magazine. It had a high collor with and rounded yoke with long medalion motif type sleeves with a long cuff. The body was done in a v-stitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! I can't help you with the pattern. but I'm sure somebody can! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am Leona and I have been crocheting a couple of years now. I knitted for at least 20 to 30 years and thought I would never understand crocheting. One day I picked up a crochet hook and made a granny square. Then a butterfly and then a crocheted an entire poncho in know time at all! I have been making several really cute tops. The pattern I am looking for was made by an Aunt. I don't know what happened to the pattern. Gradually I grew out of the blouse and my mother gave it away. I would like to try to make it myself; it was beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...hope you find the pattern, I'm sure someone will come along w/ the help your requested...happy crocheting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi snowflakeleona, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you are talking about, and i am looking for the same patterns- I think the magazine was Family Circle,( someone mentioned a magazine called Womens Circle in this forum , but i think it was Family Circle.) It was one of 2 cheap monthly magazines that my mom used to buy at the grocery store ( the other one was Womens Day). Anyway, in the 70'S they had patterns you had to send away for, they showed a picture of the patterns in the magazine, and had a form to fill out printed there. I sent away and got the set of patterns , didn't have time to do them and lost them in moving . I don't know if this helps much but at least is a little info , maybe we can jog someones memory and find them . They were sure pretty.

Post Thanks / Like

snowflakeleona

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    Hi snowflakeleona, welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    I know what you are talking about, and i am looking for the same patterns- I think the magazine was Family Circle,( someone mentioned a magazine called Womens Circle in this forum , but i think it was Family Circle.) It was one of 2 cheap monthly magazines that my mom used to buy at the grocery store ( the other one was Womens Day). Anyway, in the 70'S they had patterns you had to send away for, they showed a picture of the patterns in the magazine, and had a form to fill out printed there. I sent away and got the set of patterns , didn't have time to do them and lost them in moving . I don't know if this helps much but at least is a little info , maybe we can jog someones memory and find them . They were sure pretty.
    I wanted to say I found more information on the bridal blouse. It was by laura krentz and she is going to share the pattern with me if she can find it. It was around the year 1988. If you google this you will come up with the wedding dress that would not die by laura krents.

8. Likes grannylinda4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I found the Victorian wedding blouse in the March 19, 1985 and March 1, 1978 of family circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leona
    Last edited by snowflakeleona; 03-29-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face snowflakeleona to kitty

I wanted to make sure that you saw my message about the Victorian irish crochet bridal blouse found in Family circle March 19. 1985 and March 1, 1978.

Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT !!!!! I was beginning to doubt my memory, seems no one remembers Family Circle anymore.Where did you find the patterns?