Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Need help again

Post Thanks / Like

Need help again

Hello all!
    Well, I said I'd need help again on this baby afghan and here I go....

I'm starting a new row and this is what it says:
    Ch 2, turn; (dc in next ch-1 sp and in next dc) 6 times

I have the "Ch 2, turn" and I know "dc" but from there I'm lost...I'm never going to get this project done without this forums help. :-/

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem....ok...after ch 2....what is inbetween ( ) is to be worked 6 times....what I used to do is have a seperated piece of scrap paper, and I would write 1 through 6 and / out each stitch once compleated...that way I knew I did all six....so your row below should have dc's and 1 chain spaces, thus you are to : double crochet in the one chain space, and in the next double crochetsix times...hopes this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the same thing that Anaisa does - use a piece of paper and write it down stitch by stitch. I may look like a big ole doofus but it keeps me from making mistakes (most of the time).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stTymGranny View Post
    Hello all!
    Well, I said I'd need help again on this baby afghan and here I go....

I'm starting a new row and this is what it says:
    Ch 2, turn; (dc in next ch-1 sp and in next dc) 6 times

I have the "Ch 2, turn" and I know "dc" but from there I'm lost...I'm never going to get this project done without this forums help. :-/

Thank you!
    Can you tell me how the row before this one is..I think I know what you are having problems with but to explain it I would need to know the row before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrsga View Post
    Can you tell me how the row before this one is..I think I know what you are having problems with but to explain it I would need to know the row before.
    Sure! :-)

Ch 2, turn; working in both loops, skip first dc, (dc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc) 6 times, (dc, ch2, dc) in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, (dc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc) 5 times, * dc decrease, ch 1, skip next dc, (dc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc) 5 times, ( dc, ch2, dc) in next dc, ch1 skip next dc, (dc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc) 5 times; repeat from * across to last 2 dc, work ending decrease: 65 sps

And here's the start of the next row that I'm having trouble with:
    Ch 2, turn; (dc in next ch-1 sp and in next dc) 6 times.....

The part that I don't understand is: "ch-1 sp and in next dc"

Thanks! Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok hopefully I can help...on the row that you just finished at the end where you (dc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc) 5 times. the Ch 1 in that stitch is the ch 1 space. so you would dc in the ch 1 space and in the next dc 6 times...So from what I get you don't have to skip any stitches you would just work a dc in the ch 1 space and the next dc. after doing it 6 times just continue with the rest of the row...
    I really hope that helps if not just let me know...
    Here is also a video that might help

Last edited by jcrsga; 11-08-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    THANK YOU!!! That was extremely helpful! I really like the looks of the dc, chs! I think I'm going to become addicted to this! LOL!

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad i could help..I'm teaching a class and they were having a problem with the ch sp too...It is very confusing sometimes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ladies!