Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

A fat bag and a family secret

This past weekend I helped solve what was on family's 93-year-old mystery, and another family's 92-year-old secret, and, I finished my new fat bag (which I love).
    Here is my blog post about how these two adventures came together, and here is a photo of the completed bag:
    Attached Images Attached Images A fat bag and a family secret-granny-square-sampler-fat-bag-natural-habitat-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    I just love the bag. so pretty. thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like
    love it! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    btw..I love to read your blog!

Post Thanks / Like
    great bag and i love your blog! thanks for sharing with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad you like the bag. I wanted this thing soooo badly, but when I get an idea in my head, it doesn't always come out exactly as I think it will (kind of like my forays into genealogy), but this one even slightly exceeded my hopes. What I am particularly happy about is the crochet button closure; it really made it all come together.

7. Likes N/A, Anaisa, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It's adorable and Victoria has a great story too!! Your blog is really interesting too!

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Wow

Hi, Crochetbug,
    I don't know what it is about us Southerners, but it seems many of us have the Family History bug. My aunts have done much of the work on one side of my family & a distant cousin has done it on the other side (charges $25 a copy but as much as he put into it). I have learned recently from my mother, I have several things in common with her dead mother, who I am named after. Like I will hand sew a pillow, stuff it, then sew it closed. She was always sewing by hand. My love for crochet is another thing we had in common. She was good, too, from what I have seen. She died in 1944 from appendicitis, of all things. Today's medicine, she'd still be around. I'm proud to know I'm like her. Yor story really amazed me. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Jane

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Crochetbug,
    I loved the pictures of the granny square afghan. Did you do 2? It looks like it. As long as I've been crocheting, I've never done a granny afghan. The purse, how much would you sell them for? It's gorgeous! I'd buy one & I bet I'm not in the minority. Seriously, you should think about making some to sell or at least share that pattern with me. I love it!
    Jane

11. Likes Erika liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful job, thanks for sharing....