Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

just because you guys are the best source

I have been searching for a video or directions or something on how to convert a knitted project to crochet. I may have asked here before but I don't remember doing that. I am a really bad knitter but am getting my former crochet skills back and I have seen some things I would love to do but they are knitted. Any ideas on where to look. I know Utube but what would be my search keywords. I have used Utube maybe 2x since I've had a computer so I get lost there very easily. Gonna need hand holding and walking through. Pretty sad but, that's where my Utube skills are. lol
    Much love and Peace
    Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Karen..this is something I would like to know also but I don't really understand...hope this helps you..

Free Article How To Convert Knitting, Crochet Patterns from Fiber Images

3. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    heres another site that might help..

Links to convert knit to crochet « autumnblossomknits

5. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,
    I didn't even know you could convert a knitting pattern to crochet this way.
    This opens many doors if I can do it. There have been many beautiful
    Knitting patterns I've wished were crochet over the years. Party time!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Jane

7. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had wondered how difficult this would be several times. I hope you will keep us notified if you try this.

Thanks for the links everyone.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW have you tried knooking? I am all thumbs w/ knitting needles and I really like knooking; so far I've been able to do very simple kniting stitches w/ my knooking hook...just thought I would put a bug out there....again....lol

10. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have searched youtube in the past and I just did again. They have one video on how to convert a crochet pattern into knitting, but not a knitting pattern into crochet. Let us know if you need more help finding info if you need more than the above resources.

Post Thanks / Like
    And now the questions multiply. First of all what is a knitters grid? And what is knooking? I tried Utube and we just seem to have an issue. i was looking up Tunisian stitches because I only know how to do the TSS one. I got 3 hits and all were about a continental stitch. So, I have soooo many things I have to learn or relearn. I feel like a beginner again. That's ok but I want to learn so much so I can do these items for my kids that will really wow them.
    Thank you all for all of your help in advance.
    Much Love and Peace
    Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi, I will definitely keep everyone up to date if I get to learn this. The ripping out, the redoing all of it.

14. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karen, I think you ars on the right track with the tunisian crochet. I posted some info on a CAL kim Guzman is having. She knits and crochets, and now can duplicate every knitted such in Tunisian crochet. Even the dropped stitch. She has books, videos, groups, etc. she's a wonderful designer, and there al lot more patterns out there now to chose from..

Rather than do all that redesigning, give it a try, u can duplicate the knitting, do lace, cables, etc.