Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Help ....... Pattern is confusing

OK so i get the magazine Crochet world. I'm working on a scarf for my cousin for Christmas and I'm not sure I'm doing it right. I don't know if it's the dark colors i'm using but it just doesn't seem right. It's called Lacy meadows Shawl. It's in the October issue. If anyone can maybe help me figure it out i would be very grateful. I'm stuck on row 4. This is how they explain it.
    R 4: Ch 1 loosely, 3 dc in first dc, *ch 3, [sc in next ch-3 sp, ch 3] twice**, shell in ch-1 sp of next next shell, rep from *across, ending last rep at **, 3dc in 3rd dc of 3-dc group, turn.

so am i just not getting it or is it confusing. I mean i get it but then i don't. I'm not sure how it's suppose to look. They have a picture of course but mine so doesn't look like that. I will post a picture later / tomorrow morning .
    Thanks so much all.
    Erika
    Any help will be great

Post Thanks / Like
    What part don't you get? Read it out loud while your crocheting it, sometimes that helps me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Um, did you make a swatch? If you feel that the colours are what is confusing you, maybe you can try that....hope this helps...

Post Thanks / Like
    here are the pictures .... i have read the directions out loud like a crazy woman lol but for some reason it's just not clicking, maybe i need a nap. lol thanks for the suggestions ladies.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help ....... Pattern is confusing-387702_492723910748405_1790708948_n-jpg Help ....... Pattern is confusing-404231_492723794081750_676049462_n-jpg 

5. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks good...the pic of the scarf has a glare but your work looks good...

7. Likes Erika liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe its just that you haven't gone far enough. do a few more rolls and see how it looks. I will get my book and check it out this weekend if your still having trouble, so let me know.

9. Likes Erika liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Erika - it does look like you are on the right track!

11. Likes Erika liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i did some more rows and i think i git it. we will have to see. Bye george i think i got it. lol
    thanks ladies.

13. Likes Landon, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I thought I would translate and hopefully it will help.
    R4: Chain 1 loosely, 3 double crochet in first double of previous row, *chain 3 (single crochet in next chain 3 space, chain 3) do this twice**, then shell in chain 1 space of next shell, repeat from *across ending last repeat at **,3 double crochet in third double crochet of 3 double crochet group, turn.
    My next question would be "how many stitches across is the scarf?"It sounds like from the directions that you would continue where the * until you reach the last three double crochet, then you do the "3 double crochet in the third double crochet from the previous row; in the 3 double crochet group." Hope this helps.
    binkie

15. Likes Erika liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does look like you have got it, Erika!

17. Likes Landon, Erika liked this post