Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Needing some help on a baby afghan

Hi all!
    I introduced myself just a little bit ago. I am needing some help with a baby afghan that I'm trying to make for my first grandbaby.
    I haven't had much experience crocheting and have only made it to the 2nd row! LOL.
    I actually have 2 questions:
    I guess I really haven't even made it past the 2nd row....I just fudged it. But if someone can tell me what this means, I can go back and make sure it's done properly. On row 2 I was working within the *'s and the pattern says to "repeat from * across to last 2 sc, work ending decrease, do NOT finish off."

So, I think it means to stop when I have 2 single crochets left then decrease those two and don't do anything else.

3 row: Ch2, turn; working in both loops, skip first dc, (dc, ch 2, dc) 6 times

I don't understand "both loops". Should I have 2 loops on my hook now? If so, how?
    Thank you all for any help you can give me!!!
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I will try to help. After all Im a first time grama also. Ok First off when you read you patteren read the whole sentence. Then do what it says to do between the * s till you have two single crochet stiches at the end of row. Do you know the decrease stich? You can find how tos in the back of you crochet mags. I have some small booklets that have instructions, Red heart and Caron yarn also Lion Brand yarn will give you simple instructions. If not enough help give a shout someone else might explain better.
    Good stiches
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    i think "both loops" means the 2 loops at the top of the stitch. sometimes you'll be told to use "back loop only", it sounds like this row is using both loops. like "normal".

4. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    you can go into the back loop or front loops when you crochet...it's tell you to go under both loops now...hope that makes sense..

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like sound advice....getting to the second row is great! Keep it up and before ya know it your project will be done...happy crocheting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stTymGranny View Post
    Hi all!
    I introduced myself just a little bit ago. I am needing some help with a baby afghan that I'm trying to make for my first grandbaby.
    I haven't had much experience crocheting and have only made it to the 2nd row! LOL.
    I actually have 2 questions:
    I guess I really haven't even made it past the 2nd row....I just fudged it. But if someone can tell me what this means, I can go back and make sure it's done properly. On row 2 I was working within the *'s and the pattern says to "repeat from * across to last 2 sc, work ending decrease, do NOT finish off."

So, I think it means to stop when I have 2 single crochets left then decrease those two and don't do anything else.

Lisa
    Yes. work the pattern until you have 2 stitches left on the row and then do a decrease
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stTymGranny View Post
    Hi all!

3 row: Ch2, turn; working in both loops, skip first dc, (dc, ch 2, dc) 6 times

I don't understand "both loops". Should I have 2 loops on my hook now? If so, how?
    Thank you all for any help you can give me!!!
    Lisa
    When you are working your stitches, if you look at the piece from the top, each stitch is comprised of 2 loops. You can see what I mean in Figure 8 in this diagram

How to Read a Crochet Pattern |

Working in 'both loops' means working through both the front and back loops together. Its the basic method of forming a stitch.

Sometimes the pattern will say 'work in back loop' or 'work in front loop'. If it doesn't say, then it implies that you should be working in both loops.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochetgal and everyone else, thank you SO much!!! I think I have it! At least this part anyway, LOL. I'm SURE I'll have more questions.
    I'll say, I'm really liking it so far. The stitching is looking pretty frilly....just what a little baby girl needs!
    Can't wait to take a look at all of your projects! Going to take a look at pics as soon as I have a chance.
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Good solving ladies! 1stTymGranny-hope you will post a photo when you're done!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Maryjane! I will!