Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New-My Intro

Post Thanks / Like

New-My Intro

Hi!
    I'm not all that new to crocheting, just haven't done much of it! I remember my Aunt teaching my twin sister and I how to crochet when we were 7 or 8yrs old. Unfortunately, other than an occasional attempt at a scarf or knitting an afghan once, I haven't done much of anything....or if I've tried, I've given up because I got stuck.
    However, last week I became a first time Grandma! My daughter who's 27yrs had a baby girl and I've decided I'd like to crochet an afghan for her! I started and the 2 rows Ive completed, I love. However, the 3rd row is giving me trouble and I decided that I can't give up! So, here I am :-)
    I also have a 7yr old son who is in first grade. I own my own dog grooming business which I've been very successful at and I love it! I've been married to my second husband now for 8yrs. I used to show Alaskan Malamutes for almost 20yrs and I now own my "Dream" horse....a 5yr old Friesian mare.

I'm looking forward to completing this afghan for my granddaughter but am going to need help :-) So, I will post my questions in the appropriete place and I look forward to meeting you all and seeing your lovely projects!
    Take care,
    Lisa
    from Brazil, Indiana

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lisa! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa addicted to doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Lisa and Welcome!

Omg, you are one busy lady!! We have another member here who is a twin also.
    Congratulations on becoming a grandmother! That is awesome, I bet she is gorgeous!!
    I am so glad you came here for help. This is a community of very sweet, down to earth and talented people!!
    We are animal lovers too, love to see pics of pets and I would love to see a pic of your horse. I just googled Friesian Mares and WOW! They are stunning!!I I bet a pic of her will be well received here!

Is the pattern you are using online? We really need to see it to be able to help you.

Happy Crafting!!
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lisa, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome....another twin....hmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lisa and welcome! So-we have another twin! I have twin grandsons that are almost 2! So glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you All!!! Anaisa, are you the other Twin? :-)
    Landon, I just had some pics of her done a few weeks ago. The photograper hasn't gotten the disc to me yet but she did post a few to FB. I'll see if I can copy a couple and paste them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is a pleasure to have you here with us! Please let us know if we can be of any service to you! :0)