Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hi Everyone! Just joined and looking for a ripple pattern!

Hi all! Just joined and am excited to have a place to go for help and ideas with crochet. My great-grandmother taught me basic crochet when I was a little girl and I have made several afghans but pretty much had to figure things out on my own. Some patterns are confusing and it will be nice to have ya'll to talk to.

Currently, I am looking for a ripple afghan for a 19 yo female who loves neon colors. I have bought neon orange, neon fuschia, and a variegated neon with those two colors lime green, neon blue, and neon purple in it. Sounds kind of weird but that is what she likes and I want it to be something that she will cherish for years. I purchased the yarn according to a pattern that I had but didn't look closely and after buying the yarn discovered that the pattern calls for the long needle that keeps the loop on the needle. I know that there is a name for this, but I am not familiar with it and at this time not interested in learning a new technique. This is going to be a Christmas gift. I have made a ripple that I love and cannot find the pattern. I tried to upload a pic of it and am having trouble doing that. It is a pointy ripple that appears to be single crochet but has a ribbed effect. I know I must sound dumb but I don't have much experience and would be thrilled if someone could send me some patterns that sound similar possibly with a pic. Thank you for your help. Happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. Unfortunately I make only doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your reply. Wish I could make doilies. May attempt that at a later date. Your pic is beautiful. I'm assuming you made that. I sure have a lot to learn. Love your work! Thanks again for the welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    tndenni I love a ripple afgan also. I do not have a patteren at hand but if you go to favecraft.com or ravelry.com they have a lot. I like to read the comments to make sure its what I want. If you find one and need more help please call out we are here to help.
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info Billie! I really appreciate it. Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif

7. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks armybrat! I like both of these. Thank you all for your help. I think I may have found the one that I am going to make. Appreciate everyone's help. I feel very welcome here and will check back often.

9. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you and it looks like you have a few posts to help you in your pattern search! They are really pretty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Armybrat you did it again! The first one is what Ive been looking for I lost my favorte patteren. Thanks so much. I can't get the second one. ADD!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi tndenni. welcome to the forums!