Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Crochet candels soap

My grandma taught me to crochet. She tried to teach me to knit and tat but being dislexic I never caught on but she showed me other things like making candles and to make soap bars. Also how to cook almost anything. My mom was a profesional sewer. So I learned to cook sew and crochet before I was 13 years old. My grandma that taught me died when I was 14 But I kept what I was taught and continue to hone me skills. Now I am 46 with 2 girls that have given me 4 grand babies . I have taught my girls to cook, how to budget and how to shop smart. My yougest likes to crochet and my oldest likes to cook! Two things I love doing.

If any one would like a REALLY easy cookie recpie just ask. I can tell you it only takes 3 ingredients with sooo many possibilties.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...SURE, I would LOVE to have your 3 ingr cookie recipie, please. I love to bake...I recently learned to cook...I have mild dyselexia.
    mostly P and b is very confusing for me, but then again my first language was not English and thus sentences are usually stated backwards once translated and I'm left handed, so...when I was in the teaching field though, I watched a wonderful video by I think Rick Lavou...and he was great in explain dyselexia.

3. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa, what was your first language? I would never have guessed that you were not American!! I usually pick up on that because I am bi-lingual myself. I lived in Venezuela as a teenager and became fluent in Spanish there. My Mother was a native born Venezuelan, it is a long boring story on how we ended up there.

Collette, your family sounds lovely!! Welcome!!! I am Landon, a newbie to crocheting myself. DCo youj have pictures of your work? We just LOVE pictures around here!! I am so glad you joined us here!!

Happy Crafting, Ladies!
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! I've never been diagnosed with dyselexia but I know I have it. I have just worked around it so it obviously isn't as bad as it is for a lot of folks. I would love your reciepe for the cookies! I bake but only when we are in the line for a storm. Don't ask me I don't understand myself. LOL But it sounds like a great idea few ingredients for great cookies? I'm all for that!

Look forward to chatting with you.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon....I am now an American Citizen...but in our house hold we spoke Portuguese....my mom is not a good teacher and felt that we had to learn everything English; So she left everything up to the schools to teach us. I had to teach myself basically to read and write Portuguese. I would love to hear your story...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Collette and welcome! I think all of us would like a really easy recipe!! So glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Collette boy did you make a splash LOL we love anything we can do with our hands. OHHHHH I mean craft wise. lOL I was taught by my grandmother also. I just love to sew and cook and craft. Now houssekeeping is anothe story. I just cant seem to get to much alloted in my crafting/reading time. I hope you enjoy us we are a good group.
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

We are glad you are here with us! Enjoy the forums and you are welcome to share your cookie recipes, too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Collette, welcome to the forums!