Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

skipping stitches

Hi i am new to this forum and I am crocheting a hat and it says to skip two stitches . do i chain two to fill in for that because if i don't its ruffling HELP !

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, ecinajj, and Welcome!!

I am Landon, a newbie to crocheting myself. I am so glad to see you here with us.
    This is a community of very kind, talented and down to earth folks.

Is your pattern online somewhere where we can see it? I think that we can help you better that way.

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ecinajj, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! Are you decreasing when you skip 2 stitches? A little more info would be helpful! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...yes a little more info is needed, are you decreasing, making a v stitch...thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi you don't chain unless the pattern says so, it may ruffle tell you wash it
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Deb, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi thank you for wanting to help , The pattern is on line at ( all free crochet.com ) and its called the blue slouchie beanie . I just having a heck of a time with it ! if you can help that would be great !!! thx Janice

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to the site and copied the pattern, I would answer but my experience is very minimal (like zero), but hopefully this will help get an answer for you.
    Ribbed Band. Where in the pattern are you? Are you at a beginning of a row or working in a round?
    1. Ch 10.

2. Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each remaining ch across, turn—9 sc.

3. Row 2: Ch 1, working in front loops only, sc in each sc across, turn.

4. Repeat last row until piece measures 22 (23 1/2)"/56 (59.5)cm from beginning. Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing. Use tail to sew short ends together to form band. Set aside.

Body
    1. Beginning at top of beanie, ch 87 (93); join with sl st in first ch to form a ring, taking care not to twist ch.

2. Round 1: Ch 3 (dc, ch 2, sc) in same ch as joining sl st (counts as first pattern repeat), *sk next 2 ch, (2 dc, ch 2, sc) in next ch; repeat from * around; join with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch-3—29 (31) pattern repeats.

3. Round 2: Sl st to first ch-sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, sc) in first ch-sp, (2 dc, ch 2, sc) in each remaining ch-sp around; join with sl st in top of beginning ch.

4. Repeat last round until piece measures 11"/28cm from beginning. Fasten off.

Finishing
    1. Close Top of Hat: At top of hat, bring center front and center back of beanie together. Join yarn with sc, inserting hook through center front and center back (joining front and back at center). Pinch side edges to the same center point and sc the edges together (by inserting hook through both thicknesses and completing a sc). The top of the beanie will now be in a star formation. Continue to pinch opposite edges and sc them together until top of beanie is completely closed. Fasten off.

2. Attach Band: Using yarn needle, sew band to lower edge of beanie. Sew buttons to band, if desired. Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.

Read more at Blue Slouchie Beanie | FaveCrafts.com