Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

To Crochet or Not to Crochet

What a morning...I am just clueless this am....I am attempting to make sweet bread and I sit here waiting because I am having so much trouble w/ my yeast...so I am debating to just pull out my crochet and ya know, crochet....BUT there is flour everywhere, the sugar bowl is on top of the water dispenser, oh oh gotta run...I left the stove on...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, there goes the milk and half of stick of butter down the drain.....grrr

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate it when that happens!! Is your bread turning out ok?

Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda, well no...I got the 'taste' just right; but I can't get the darn thing to rise....I know it's not my yeast....that was my fault; had five experiments going so that's how I know...but not the dough won't rise...it's a bit stickier than it should be...so I have it in my oven w/ a bowl of hot water...heres hoping....BTW I am such a turkey cuz I should have put my liquids w/ my sugar cuz it needed to cool anyway and there I was just keeping it warm on the stove and forgot....well, needles to say no crochet....crying...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you really crying? Oh, Anaisa!!!! Hugs hugs hugs!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost....thanks I really needed those hugs....I can't crochet when the house is cluttered....grrrrr

Post Thanks / Like
    Taste? What kinda of bread? Sourdough? Don't give up, I make the "5 min bread" and it usually doesn't rise much if at all untill I put it in the oven. So there is hope on the horizon!

Post Thanks / Like
    getting it to taste not like store bought but the kind you get from home...like when I was a kid; Well, the dought is way to sticky....I think it's the milk...I ran out of whole milk and tried the almond milk....so all I had in the house was 2%, thus sticky dough...I dunno...might have to throw it out now....Landon, now I'm crying....sighs.

Post Thanks / Like

Pulled myself together...

I can't afford to throw it away...so I pulled myself together; I did some research, and am trying to save my dough and face....So, it's on the third and final rise and I should have stuck to crocheting....lol; hey trial and error that's all I got to say...

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have baked it anyway and hoped for the best!! My husband would have eaten it anyway!!! I usually stick with crocheting and use my bread machine for the bread! But I am sending you a great big hug!! Big girls can cry too!!!