Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Invisible Decreasing

Do you like to use the invisible sc decrease (working in back loop only) when doing amigurumi? Supposed to make for smaller gaps. I don't have much of a problem with stuffing showing through cause I use small enough hook and snug tension,I guess. Sometimes when only doing one stitch in back loop, I forget and do next stitch that way too and so on...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it takes a good deal of paying attention when doing 'one loops' back or front....if there is background noise, ie tv or a livingroom full, I tend not to work on such projects due to the reason you said, you forget and just keep going....I think using a smaller hook and as long as the stuffing isn't coming out you have nothing to worry...that's you special 'ingredient' to your crochet....

3. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually crochet fairly tight so I have never had problems with the stuffing showing! I have never done an invisible dec-does it work? I'll have to try it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet tight too so never have a problem..

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of it that is what I like about being on here!! Great tips!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some amigurumi makers really swear by it. Sometimes I use it for the feet/boot area where really firm stuffing for full support is wanted. But, as stated here previously, if tension and hook right you really shouldn't need to for the most part.

Post Thanks / Like
    good to know even if I have never made amigurum I never heard of the invisilbe sc decrease before. I crochet tightly also but I hope to remember this tip. thanks for it

9. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post