Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Need software to design crochet doilies and other items in the round. Help?

I'm looking for a software program that can help me place a pattern (doily) and make it look professional and easier to read. Right now I'm hand drawing the pattern and also writing it out. Need help to find a software program that make the pattern easier to read.

Post Thanks / Like
    someone gave me an idea and I looked up the pattern maker but I couldn't figure it out....I make mine by hand...as we speak here on my table I have a horse that I am making into readable size for filet crochet...

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked the Shibaguyz guys during a Podcast, and they said the Adobe Illustrator is the best they have found. Not cheap. But I had found something on the internet that I think worked for "in the round", but i wanted to do more than that, and it was hard to figure out. I'll have to look and see what it is. Maybe it was an app on my phone. I'll check it out. Have you tried googling it?
    Last edited by Joyannerose; 10-30-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have pattern maker and other program to make even round doilies... Write me if you want it

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully Larisa will be able to help you! I personally don't know of any programs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Well I have pattern maker and other program to make even round doilies... Write me if you want it
    I'd love to have the pattern maker you used. I didn't have a chance to see what it was I downloaded, but I can't even remember it, it didn't have any instructions, and I think I realized it was very limited, so I didn't bother figuring it out.

Thanks,
    Joyannerose@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    yes I would indeed love to have this software kl1000, it would make things so much clearer when I post my designs. you can send it to yarnmiss@gmail.com. I can't wait to try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Larissa, Thank you so much. I was having trouble downloading it, but as soon as I saw the name, I knew this is the one I have. I'll have to check it out again. Then, would you be able to answer some questions on how to use it? They need to make programs that just tell you out loud what step to do next :P then I'd be ok.

Thanks again for the program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyannerose! I use Pattern maker and I have never tried other one for round doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Joyannerose! I use Pattern maker and I have never tried other one for round doilies
    Thanks. I looked it up. which one do you use. There seem to be several. Adobe, tea cup, etc. (I just googled it).

Thanks again.