Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible new CAL??

I've seen lots of people are wondering about a new CAL. I am about to start on a "Woven Blanket" that I found in a book called "Stitch by Stitch" Don't know if anyone would be interested in it or not, very simple..only sc and dc, foundation of 174 stitches and 4 colors. ummm, sounds easy until I think of the 174 stitches that I will be starting with. Will be a challenge for me to keep that straight till I get my first few rows done, oh yea, I almost forgot, I will need to keep from stretching everything out before I am done with the 69 x 56 blanket. Will be asking for lots of advice, Like Step one (need to get my yarn first )

2. Likes boo2u liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a lovely challenge....

Post Thanks / Like
    what are your colors you are using?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure yet, hopefully the next day or so i can get into town and find something. I am now trying to figure out a simple way to get a small enough pic so i can post either it, or a link to it. Ill sleep on it, maybe i'll get wiser

Post Thanks / Like
    looking forward to seeing it..

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally put some pics on flicker and opened it to the public so if you like you can click on this

Flickr: rosieh202012's Photostream

will have to copy and paste since this isn't a new post, or perhaps you can, my preview says so,...let me know if you see okay

Post Thanks / Like
    I could see it. Looks nice. Ambitious, but atractive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Attractive, I meant. I never tried any like this before. Something different. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Gramma Joe, will be the first for me, farrrrr beyond my washcloths! The 174 chain will be a challenge for sure, but when I got up this morning I dug out the scissor and cut the seams out of a pair of Bibs that was worn out and should be able to pin the chain every 20 or so stitches to that old seam and hopefully keep it from doing the curly cues on me as well as help me keep count!

11. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adorable....I've done the woven thing w/ thread and for a doilie....neat idea on how to keep it from curling...let me see if I can take a pic of my 'little' woven attempt....