Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Scored on yarn!!!

Hey ladies! Just thot I'd let you know how big a score I made at a rummage sale Fri.I got 15 skeins of yarn, 2 crewel kits complete,3 candlewick pillow tops mostly done & some thread, 2 lace pillow tops,2 fabric pillow tops,seveal pieces of lace for the edges of the pillows, a very small teddy bear pattern & piece of fur to make him,4 crochet hooks & 3 of them are about 9 in long ,& about 3 skeins of yarn in a tangle.I think its from a pattern also included called Navaho stitch. All short pieces. Makes a ball slightly larger than a quarter & some pieces of stuff I have no idea what it is. ALL FOR $5.Know her & think it was her moms & she said she just wanted to get rid of it. She thinks she has another box & will call me when she finds it.Colors are grey,brown,black, white ,red, orange.Made my day. I also foung a ceramic statue of a doberman dog for my son. He has had 3 of them & loves them. Collects statues of them, & they are very hard to find. At least the ones I can afford.Cat just showed up & licked the ice cubes in my ice tea. Brat.Thats all for now. Still finishing up the stuff for the craft fair that starts this Fri. Looking forward to it but know I'll be bushed by the time its over.

2. Likes greatexp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your haul of goodies. Sounds like ya did good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sound like one of the lots I bought on Ebay. Congrats on the haul. I can NOT buy another piece of yarn. How much stuff do you make for a fair? I'm wondering if I could do a fair. I don't know how much you have to have to do one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think you would have to think how much you pay for a booth, what it costs to get there,Food for how many days. And then dbl how much you would have to sell to make a profit. Something like that.I know my 10x20 booth at the craft show is $80.Food for 3 days is about $20.& I travel 10 miles everyday for 3 days plus 20 mi for delivery & take down.So I figure I need to take in about $300. before I make any profit.I usually do although I will never be rich doing this. I just like doing it.Between the 2 shows I do I make enough to buy Xmas for 4 adults & 2 grandchildren. Nothing fancy.I spend about $100. on the grands & give the adults money.Simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    good for you...cool find....glad you were able to do it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the haul, ladybug! I know it sure can pay to hit those rummage sales :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the details. It needed to know details in order to get an idea of what all I would have to make. I think I could do that and I may look into this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can your husband come over and make me the shelves like yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Great find!!