Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

In the path of hurricane Sandy

I live in Northern NC and it looks like this huge hurricane will be coming our way, yikes. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be going to do a lot of damage here, but when it goes up north I have to worry about friends and family in NJ. Here we go again.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, Judi!! Great minds think alike!! I was on my way to start a thread about this! I am guessing yawl are prepared, I am not picking up much concern from you. I so hope they are WRONG about this and it changes course.

I will be praying for your family and friends up North as well. Did yawl get anything from last year's storm?

You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

XOXOX
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    We're still feeling the effects of the storm (heavy rains and high winds). It's expected to go on it's trek up north by tomorrow. Hopefully everyone will be safe and very careful. I know all the power companies up and down the coast are on stand-by.

Post Thanks / Like
    Enidgh, you haven't had any damage, have you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in upstate NY we are getting all kinds of warnings about hurricane Sandy (which is also my daughters name)! I guess it's suppose to meet up with another storm coming up from the Gulf of Mexico, and we are supposed to get really get hit! But at this point we don't know whether it will be just lots of rain and wind or-I don't want to say it-SNOW!!! I don't think we,ve ever had snow from a hurricane!! Hopefully we're far enough away from the eye that we wouldn't get too much.........Stay safe everybody! Have a Craft Fair this weekend-in Elmira- almost 4 hours away! I'll explain later!!

6. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be safe everyone....have an extra flashlight on a hat for crocheting....seriously, be safe, warm and dry....

8. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    No, not here. I'm in Ft Lauderdale, but I live about 20 miles inland. We don't usually get that much damage.... downed electric poles (very dangerous), and upturned trees (we live on a bed of sand, so the roots can't really grasp anything. Thanks for asking, though. I still always keep my fingers crossed. Wilma took the whole side of a building across the street from me.

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto what Anaisa said!!!

MaryJane, best wishes for your craft fair!! I hope you sell oodles of items!! I don't think I have ever heard of snow from a hurricane either. Stay safe, you!!

Enidgh, That must have been very frightening when that building so close to you was that badly damaged! WOW! I am glad to hear you don't have any damage fro it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is praying we all stay safe. We didn't get much from the last one other then loosing power for a few days......hay, I learned how to make coffee in my electric coffee maker with no power though...... I have a gas stove which I heated water on then took a soup ladle and used it to put the water through the coffee maker where it would have dripped into the basket holding the coffee grounds. It was a little slow but worked fine. We MUST have our coffee you know....lol. Stay safe all.

Judi G

13. Likes Carolyn Crye, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds very resourceful to me!! I'm with you, Judi, I have to have my coffee!!!