Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Loom Knitting versus crochet

Hi everybody,
    So, I want to make a hat for my son for Christmas, and I don't know which way is better. Has anyone on here done loomknitting? I like the earflap hats, but I don't have much experience crocheting. Are they good for beginners?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure about loomknitting...I guess one needs experience as w/ anything else...crochet seems to be what I am most comfortable w/, so for me, it would be easier...howdie and welcome btw....I guess finding a begginer's pattern for a hat w/ flaps might work....

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to loom knitting. I actually bought me a small loom from Hobby Lobby just a few weeks ago. I have made baby hat through crochet and it was really easy for me - I actually was surprised at how well I did! It did not take that long to do it this way. I looked at the instructions for the loom and I thought this looks like a foreign language - LOL I will have to look at some videos - I do better learning this way!

RenJac1301
    I have done loom knitting, i found it boring, so i got rid of my looms

Post Thanks / Like
    I loom knitted my first and only hat as a Christmas gift last year. It was beautiful and easy to make. I made it by viewing a tutorial on Youtube. This was done after being a crocheter of 10 months. Yes, I would say loom knitting this one hat was simpler than crocheting one. BTW, I need to get my looms out and make other items. But, I truly love crocheting more! Much success to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    So verrrrrry welcome Iheidrich!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I made the hat, I used a simple crochet pattern I found online. It turned out O.K., I should have stopped increasing sooner than I did, I ended up decreasing later. My son likes it, and now I have to make a hat for my husband lol. I'm going to look for another pattern for his.
    The loomknit hat has been started, it is less exciting than crochet, and seems to use twice as much yarn. We'll see.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you can share the hat you make with the loomkit..I've never tried that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try, not very computer literate

Post Thanks / Like
    My neice made everyone hats and scarfs from the loom but it looks so boring and it limits what you can do. Crocheting is so much more diverse in stitchs, patterns and techniques. I love crocheting new and unusals things so no loom for me.