Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Wink First time user.

I am newly retired and new to crocheting. Would love to know what projects would be best to start with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi 55s Grandma, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum/ I like filet crochet - these are easy and nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome to the forum. When I started crocheting everyone told me to start with something small and with simple stitches. Scarfs, dish cloths are good ones. You could practice edgings and different stitches, and you get fast results. Just a suggestion.

There are lots of friendly, helpful people on this site who may have other helpful suggestions. Good luck.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, 55s Grandma, and Welcome!!

I am Landon and I am sorta new to crocheting myself. I started with simple pieces like kitchen towels, pot holders, all square or rectangular pieces, also I made a wallet and a cell phone case. They are squared, then I stitched by hand to get them to the way I wanted them.

Have you started to crochet yet? There are several tutorials on here, under Links and Resources, and in my signature below, you'll see a link to my blogspot where I have written several very clear and detailed lessons on beginning Crochet with plenty of pictures!! How I struggled when I was leaning is still fresh on my mind and while I tried to teach myself with a Crochet Kit from Walmart, my crocheting has really improved by being a member here. There are so many tips and tricks that we learn from each other, it never fails to amaze me!

The people here are very down to earth and OMG, Talented!!! The talent on here amazes me!!!

I am delighted that you joined us here!!

Happy Crafting!

Landon

6. Likes BarbySue, 55s Grandma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you and have you here with us! For some people, starting with a simple scarf is helpful, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome....I also like thread items; but granny squares are great to start w/ in my opinion....you can also make half granny squares and triangulare....hope this helps...

Post Thanks / Like

Red face New to the Crochet talk

Thank you so much for the the suggestion. I am really excited about crocheting and so far I can barely stop looking at patterns. Their are so many things I want to make. I recently saw a crocheted hat that can also be used as a cowl but haven't found the pattern if anyone knows where I can look I would appreciate it.
    Thank You

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! We have another pattern addict with us ladies! I'm a Queen of cute patterns!! Maybe we should add a disclaimer that says this site can become addictive-especially for patterns and cute things! Anyway-glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    I search for the hat you mention but couldn't come up with anything..sorry