Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't want to show you these!

Didn't want to show you these!-img_0046-jpgDidn't want to show you these!-img_0045-jpg
    I almost didn't post these but I worked on them for 2 days and I thought it might be a teaching moment to new crocheters. The one on the left is for the great granddaughter and the right is for the granddaughter. I made the one on the left first. I didn't like the way the pattern turned out. It looks like a square and it didn't have a good look. After I started the other one I realized that it was more what I liked but I had made the other so I continued with the details. The one on the left had ears but the square one just had a line of crochet across the corners to indicate ears. I didn't like that so I used the pattern for ears that the other one had. I really am very disappointed with my work and I'm so sorry that I have to give something that makes me feel bad. I know I could just throw them away but I wanted to make them so bad that I will give them to them with a caveat that it isn't my best work. Very frustrating! I could almost cry!

2. Likes libertylady64, janie mae, missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are cute but I no how you feel. I take stuff apart after it's done if I am not happy. Seems silly but we count too. Too much a fuss bud-jet. I'm sure they will be appreciated and loved. Good job!!

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, the kids won't care..they will wear them w/pride! besides..i like them!

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I really thought it was a lesson that even experienced crocheters can make mistakes.

8. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, they are cute and you did a good job....once it's out of your hands you don't have to worry about it....lol

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, what are you doing, fishing for compliments???? Those are absolutely the cutest ones I've seen yet. And your grands and great-grands will love them, just because it was you who made them. Great job!!

12. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jan, that is so sweet but really when I look at them I could cry. I wanted them to be right but I just couldn't make them. I adlibbed on both of them turning the bigger one into a hat with ear flaps and adding ears to the smaller. I had said in a post a day or so ago that I have to have a pattern then I go and try something without a pattern. Maybe they will see the love instead of the problems.

14. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They look so cute.. I'm sure thy will love them and hey for working without a pattern you did an amazing job!!!

16. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is tricky, isn't it? I am delighted to hear that you ad-libbed some of them. I think you dd a great job on both of them and more than likely, they'll both be a big hit!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Faye! Even the mighty fall once in awhile!!! They are cute! Sometimes we are disapponted with our work because we know how it is supposed to look! But most people will find them very CUTE!!! I think you were just fishing for a compliment!!LOL!! Fish away kid-they are CUTE!!! This coming from the Queen of Cute!!!